Something is getting locked out

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm not quite sure why my 1 plant particularly is showing hard signs of deficiencies. See picture.

What has changed over the last few weeks?

- plants went into flowering (today is day 44 from seed)
- amended the soil with Dr earth all purpose & flower girl on 2/14 and again on 3/8 (deficiencies were already apparent on 3/8)
- very slowly increased light wattage (turned back down to ~165 watts to keep humidity higher
- RH between 55%-65%
- fed twice with 3ml of General Hydroponics Cal-Mag in the last 3 weeks.

I read in a post on here that too much light coupled with too little humidity can make the plants transpire more, and in turn use less of the available nutrients. I turned down the light output and turned up the RH due to this info.

Another train of thought is that too much nitrogen can lock out phosphorus and other nutrients. I had a pretty decent nitrogen toxicity around week 3 from seed.

Please help me take these babies over the finish line, I've never been able to keep plants all green throughout flowering

foto_no_exif(1).jpgfoto_no_exif(2).jpg
foto_no_exif().jpg

Hi all, I'm not quite sure why my 1 plant particularly is showing hard signs of deficiencies. See picture.

What has changed over the last few weeks?

- plants went into flowering (today is day 44 from seed)
- amended the soil with Dr earth all purpose & flower girl on 2/14 and again on 3/8 (deficiencies were already apparent on 3/8)
- very slowly increased light wattage (turned back down to ~165 watts to keep humidity higher
- RH between 55%-65%
- fed twice with 3ml of General Hydroponics Cal-Mag in the last 3 weeks.

I read in a post on here that too much light coupled with too little humidity can make the plants transpire more, and in turn use less of the available nutrients. I turned down the light output and turned up the RH due to this info.

Another train of thought is that too much nitrogen can lock out phosphorus and other nutrients. I had a pretty decent nitrogen toxicity around week 3 from seed.

Please help me take these babies over the finish line, I've never been able to keep plants all green throughout flowering

View attachment 1572154View attachment 1572156View attachment 1572153
Looks like they need more potassium and phosphorus. Up your bloom nutes a lil bit.

I'm wondering what your water quality and source is and what the pH was first thing .....and if the Cal-Mag was really needed or added because it's what is pushed.
There will be variations in plant sensitivity and best we can o is try to figure it out and adjust.

Calmag can do this too btw. Don’t feed salt based nutrients whilst doing organic. That is asking for trouble bro. Calmag can do this to plants if they’re fed too much of it. I had it happen to a seedling

Ditch that Cal mag bro. You only need Cal mag if your growing in CoCo or using RO water or have Cal Mag deficiency. I would feed them PH'd water for a day or two and see if they respond.

Back