Outdoor Some outdoor strain-questions.

I chopped my MI5 in early September last year without any mold - and I'm far up north where the weather can be very cold and wet during that season.

You don't have to make a fuss over it, just some good soil from a known brand such as "hasselfors" would do the job. I've had good results with their "p-jord" as well as the "u-jord". Now I found out they have a new ecological soil called "ört-jord". Might be something to try out... Mix in some sand, perlite or leca for extra drainage and you're ready to go! Even without that it works. Growing outdoors is easier than you think! Dig a hole approximately as deep as a regular bucket, fill it up with your soil mix and transplant your plant into it when they're ready for it. Very simple.

Thank you. I just want to do this right. Cover all angles as you say.
Swedish? Or did you use the translate or something? I thought you were from Wales. :) I don´t know where i got that from. :)

/H.

I'm an "earthling", lets just keep it like that ;) But you can always make your own deductions from what you read. Not from Wales, I can assure you of that! And no, I didn't use google translate! I don't think they sell hasselfors soil in Wales by the way.

Check out that guide over at swecan and you'll get some good info, more than you need even!

Thanks guys. I think that outdoor growing is probably easier then indoor growing, and more efficient. I just want to be sure of everything before i go out and plant my seeds and put all my sweat, blood and tears into it.

I was out in the woods today with my gf, and my dog. I found a perfect place to grow. It´s right between a stream, and a dam. There are just leaftrees growing there also. I will take a soil pH sample tomorrow.

Peace guys. My gf is on me now again. :)

im pretty sure that it was a very wet season last year and the first autos i put out got mouldy in june! its me thats from north mountainous wales! Think one mistake i made was the surrounding vegatation shaded the autos too much when in the ground, the next lot went into pots and on to treestumps and got better results. All the strains i grew last year are in the outdoor stratergies post. I think my spots suffer from morning mist too

yeah, they have a tough time in wet conditions... I found that out the same way you did last year as it was my first outdoor auto attempt... :toke:

yeah, they have a tough time in wet conditions... I found that out the same way you did last year as it was my first outdoor auto attempt... :toke:

How did you do then? Good yield...? Good smoke? :) What strain did you grow?

Yes, growing outdoors is much easier than indoors. Of course, you can't control things in the same manner, but the plants pretty much takes care of themselves! Try to get the seedlings to stretch a bit so you get a taller stem, then you can dig them down deeper into the soil outdoors which means you barely ever have to water them. Having to water your plants often is not good from a stealth perspective. I don't know how hard "Babylon" is fighting guerrilla grows in swe, but it's always better to be safe than sorry. Try to make as few visits to the spot as possible. I know, it can be hard, you're always curious to see how things are developing, but beware! Use different paths to get there, make sure you got an alibi to be there (a dog, picking berries or mushrooms, fishing etc...) and don't walk from your house to the spot, sniffer dogs could track you back home! Ride a bike, car or something...

Glocal is right you have to be sneaky to hide your tracks, using a hose pipe, gravity and a funnel to water your plants is a good plan if your on a bank, its easier to hide the pipe than your tracks. Having your access through ferns, brambles and general dense bush sounds good but your tracks will be evident - use woodland and best of all walls to get you into the thick stuff then choose a spot.
Its all trial and error and gets easier the more you do it !

Back