Solo Cup challenge

Reaction score
Hi growers❤️
I had a question bugging my mind...Is this accountable as a solo Cup challenge grow?This Is a 250 ml Cup only.Coco coir obviously. Day 21 from sprout.What do you think?
16504003588011558245613059917637.jpg
1650400448248206168911675343757.jpg

Hi growers❤
I had a question bugging my mind...Is this accountable as a solo Cup challenge grow?This Is a 250 ml Cup only.Coco coir obviously. Day 21 from sprout.What do you think?View attachment 1447269View attachment 1447270
she sure is my brother and she is a banger I've grown a fair few and I know impressive also the normal most you can use in are competitions is 18 oz max I think that's about 500 ml also as long as the roots in the cup none escaping

she sure is my brother and she is a banger I've grown a fair few and I know impressive also the normal most you can use in are competitions is 18 oz max I think that's about 500 ml also as long as the roots in the cup none escaping
So my size Is a proper solo challenge Cup.That Is my First Coco run,I thought I would have killed the plant honestly.Thank you kindly,Tom.
Don't want to hijack my own thread but don't want to make another One so,I would like to Ask how Is It possible that my 0.4 EC tap Is (38calcium,25 Magnesium ppms) not giving enough calcium together with canna Coco A+B?I am having a calcium Brown spot deficiency in my other plant.Some of the larger older leaves have some Brown spots.Should I feed calmag also?They are very green and I think that Nitrogen Is already very present(a Little clawing).I am feeding 0.9Ec

So my size Is a proper solo challenge Cup.That Is my First Coco run,I thought I would have killed the plant honestly.Thank you kindly,Tom.
Don't want to hijack my own thread but don't want to make another One so,I would like to Ask how Is It possible that my 0.4 EC tap Is (38calcium,25 Magnesium ppms) not giving enough calcium together with canna Coco A+B?I am having a calcium Brown spot deficiency in my other plant.Some of the larger older leaves have some Brown spots.Should I feed calmag also?They are very green and I think that Nitrogen Is already very present(a Little clawing).I am feeding 0.9Ec
more than anything with coco bro make sure you are feeding to run off to make sure you haven't got any salt build-up . i also fed a little calmag with most feedings especially in veg and up till flowering .anyhow so what I would do is test your run off ec first and depending if you haven't got any sort of lockout them maybe go with a bit of calmag

@St. Tom
I feed with automatic Drip Lines that I personally did.I feed to a good amount runoff 3x times at day,I check pH in reservoir and EC.Runoff everytime Is lower than input,Say 0.6Ec out and inflow 0.9
I run 200 true watt lumatek LED
I must also Say that only One plant out of two different autos Is giving me calcium spot deficiency.Should I add calcium at what ppm?I have biobizz calmag,It Is made out of CaO and MgO at 4,2%:1,7Ish%

Thank you so much in Advance Tom❤
16504128821932204738367562789164.jpg
16504129151083910405108156625849.jpg

Last edited:
Yes the container would surely qualify for a solo cup challenge. Too much Nitrogen can lock the up the calcium or you don't have enough? The problem most calcium products contain N. We really do not want to add more. I have been using soluble calcium sulfate (gypsum) and it seems to fit the bill. In the mean time I would add a little of the cal-mag. and keep an eye on it - if it continues to get worse it is most likely too much nitrogen.

Yes the container would surely qualify for a solo cup challenge. Too much Nitrogen can lock the up the calcium or you don't have enough? The problem most calcium products contain N. We really do not want to add more. I have been using soluble calcium sulfate (gypsum) and it seems to fit the bill. In the mean time I would add a little of the cal-mag. and keep an eye on it - if it continues to get worse it is most likely too much nitrogen.
Thank you for the rep+ Bud, Always here to help me❤

Yes the calmag I have Is not adding N,It Is Just CaO and MgO (calcium oxide?).
I Just use canna Coco A+B and pH- grow(Nitric acid).
I don't want to destroy the NER by adding calmag in wrong quantity

Is there a title or something that I can account finishing this Cup successfully?

Edit-Canna support told me to dilute my tap with Distilled or RO.Basically he said my tap water Is locking Cal/Mag because It Is too hard and loaded with calmag.I am going to buy an RO unità from Amazon,a very cheap One with 2/3 stage I think

I have been using soluble calcium sulfate (gypsum) and it seems to fit the bill.
Thank you for that information! Always thought gypsum was calcium carbonate. Just found a whole box of drawing chalk the kids use.
If I'm ever in need of only calcium...(and sulfur of course :thumbsup: )

Thank you for the rep+ Bud, Always here to help me❤

Yes the calmag I have Is not adding N,It Is Just CaO and MgO (calcium oxide?).
I Just use canna Coco A+B and pH- grow(Nitric acid).
I don't want to destroy the NER by adding calmag in wrong quantity

Is there a title or something that I can account finishing this Cup successfully?

Edit-Canna support told me to dilute my tap with Distilled or RO.Basically he said my tap water Is locking Cal/Mag because It Is too hard and loaded with calmag.I am going to buy an RO unità from Amazon,a very cheap One with 2/3 stage I think
Yes get an RO system. It is bicarbonate in your water that is making it hard. When you use a lot of the Nitric Acid to lower the PH it is combining with that carbonate it makes Nitrogen and this is part of your N problem. You could switch to Phosphoric Acid for a while but you end up with an overdose of P after a while.

This is the one I have:
2021-03-25_11-58-56.png

Thank you for that information! Always thought gypsum was calcium carbonate. Just found a whole box of drawing chalk the kids use.
If I'm ever in need of only calcium...(and sulfur of course :thumbsup: )

You need to be sure it is soluble calcium sulfate.

soluble calcium sulfate.jpg

@St. Tom
I feed with automatic Drip Lines that I personally did.I feed to a good amount runoff 3x times at day,I check pH in reservoir and EC.Runoff everytime Is lower than input,Say 0.6Ec out and inflow 0.9
I run 200 true watt lumatek LED
I must also Say that only One plant out of two different autos Is giving me calcium spot deficiency.Should I add calcium at what ppm?I have biobizz calmag,It Is made out of CaO and MgO at 4,2%:1,7Ish%

Thank you so much in Advance Tom❤View attachment 1447350View attachment 1447351
am glad mog jumped in as he knows more about nutes than anyone on here so his advice is the best you will get

Back