Indoor So Many HERMIES!!!

Always love it when "rules" are broken and positive results are achieved. I love to play with my plants to push the limits. I'm sure that you have, but have you done a comparison with leaving more leaves on vs the more extreme shearing?

Sometimes when I defoliate, I wonder if the plants are just going to push more energy into trying to regenerate those leaves. Or...the opposite of what I'm aiming for. If that makes any sense. I'm usually happy with my plants and yields, and still improving on my methods. So I don't have the balls to stray too much from what I do now yet. Then again, I have grown autos out and left them untouched and know how that ends up.
I have tried growing SOG with minimal pruning but always end up with half of it being larf.

@420autoflower I think if you posted some pics of the finished product and final weights this thread would get you your cultivator badge

@420Forever

The total dry weight was only 757 grams. My 2x4” SOG grows have been averaging around 30-40 ounces, but the hermie crop didn’t have the vertical bud structure like the others.
I let half of the original OG Kush plants mature to long and a couple of the over matured plants must have hermied and shot out some late flowering nanners. Only found a handful of seeds so that makes me think it was only a couple plants late in flower. Didn’t find any seeds in the hermie crop.
It seems like I am always late to finish, I pluck anything close to suspicious.

Back