Lighting So it begins, the DIY COB addiction

iampepe

twistedtreeautoflowers.com
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtreeautoflowers.com
Currently Smoking
Pure Michigan auto
I received my first DIY cobs in the mail today! :smoking:Citizen 1212's ( @BigSm0 is their biggest salesmen ) Heatsinks, driver, wago's...the rest of the goodies will be here tomorrow short of a frame. Tomorrow I'm going to shear some sheet aluminum and bend some angles to make my first frame and build my first DIY cob light. After I get my feet good and wet and the addiction in full swing I have some Ideas that I'm going to be playing around with using the equipment I use everyday to make them.

CAM02698[1].jpg

:hookah:
Peace

I received my first DIY cobs in the mail today! :smoking:Citizen 1212's ( @BigSm0 is their biggest salesmen ) Heatsinks, driver, wago's...the rest of the goodies will be here tomorrow short of a frame. Tomorrow I'm going to shear some sheet aluminum and bend some angles to make my first frame and build my first DIY cob light. After I get my feet good and wet and the addiction in full swing I have some Ideas that I'm going to be playing around with using the equipment I use everyday to make them.

View attachment 676483

:hookah:
Peace
Lol Pepe! Yesssss bro I'm super excited for you.

Are you going with the hlg-120 or the 185?

6 cobs on that driver work out perfect too. Should be 300w in total.
Yup I believe so. My thinking is to get the light spread over a 2x4 area, build another next month and run a couple 4 ft UVB's in the middle.

If you want to supplement anything may I suggest light from 650 to 680nm. That's what cobs are generally lacking and it's important for flowering.
Yes, I have been thinking of doing IR too. Have the IR's come on a few minutes before the cobs do and shut off a few minutes after to simulate nature.

Piece's and Parts
The driver was a bit bigger than I expected and so were the heat sinks. I ordered from Component Distributors Inc quick shipping and decent rates. I got the MechaTronix 111mm x 80 mm CDI part # LPF11180-ZHE-B They look to be well made. I assumed the side holes in the 10 mm base were threaded but there not, bottom holes are for M3 screws I believe.
CAM02707.jpg

CAM02708.jpg
CAM02709.jpg
CAM02711.jpg

Back