Smokin' Screws Smokin' Screws - AFN Communal Summer 2018 Test Thread

If you were around when the Hula-Hoop was released, then went global, you have to see the potential of this little gadget. A quality new version of something millions of people use every day. Cheap brass screens are sold in packs because of their short lifespan, One of these will out last several packs.

I've burned mine to cherry red several times and it started to sag at the top coil and lose spring. For the heck of it, I bent it back, heated it red, and dunked it in water. The once softened coil is springy again.

Retempering, that's cool.

20181018_143237.jpg
a little token of appreciation from the owner of Happy Daze smoke shop for turning him into this great little product.

Hey there Hobbes, I got my Smokin Screws yesterday... of course I started using it right away... I been really waiting for this... so far I really like it, it doesn't really set into my steam-roller kinda just rests on top, but does draw nice.. my worry is that it can fall off kinda easily dropping your product, it fit's my 1 hitter glass bowl well & also my large water bong... It seems to hit the best with the water bong and the steam-roller...you only need put a small amount of product(that's all it holds anyways) but do get very good hits every time..so far so good, I really want to see if this holds up for heavy smokers like myself...I been wanting get away from screens and this seems to fit the bill.:d5::smokeout::hookah::thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind words. To make a better fit, hold the bottom third and stretch the top 2/3rds of the coils. A few folks at the Denver show came up with the trick....
Ace

Someone on here got one of the long handle stems. He said he's got some prototypes for chillums and other sizes/openings. And something in the works for Genius Pipe (guessing some sort of stone replacement?)
Smokin' Screws has a limited number of long handle stems in stock.... The Micros for chillums --- SOLD OUT in Denver -- Imagine that....
Ace

I use an old 35mm film canister filled with some 91% isopropyl alcohol that I place my smokin screw into let it sit for a bit then give it a few shakes. After it's been soaked I'll take it out put on paper towel while it dries a bit before I'll hit it with the torch to get it looking new again.

UPDATE --- WEBMISTRESS performed a minor miracle today -- October 22nd -- Website -- www.smokinscrews.com -- can now accept orders from Canada.....

Ace
Thank you my man now I can order at will. I just ordered from Canada PEACE AND PROSPERITY.

Back