Slow Growth Coco Seedlings + Germination Issues

Good luck mate. Hopefully they come good and you can finish them up without too many dramas. Good idea to keep a close eye on the run off ppm cause you don't know what's getting released into your mix.
Ive had to flush with a shit ton of nutrient solution/water to even get my big girl down to around 780. Do you think she will still dry out quickly? Im in a 15L pot and flushed at least 15L or more. Should I continue flushing? Just feel like its drowning her roots tho

Ive had to flush with a shit ton of nutrient solution/water to even get my big girl down to around 780. Do you think she will still dry out quickly? Im in a 15L pot and flushed at least 15L or more. Should I continue flushing? Just feel like its drowning her roots tho
If I need to flush I just run kelp and myco, no nutrients at all. Brings the ppm down quicker and kelp + myco will aid the recovery. I don't think she will drown. The coco holds about 40% air even when saturated.

The coco i used said it doesn't need flushed. But obviously it does with that amount of nutrients in it. I am flushing the plants right now until the PPMs are about right then leaving it be until they all dry out
I've used that brand before with clay pebbles and I didn't feel the charge overfed them at all also canna Coco is my fav but most brands come pre charged or buffered so I just pot up and go but I start every single plant I grow in solo cups it just takes all the worry about overwatering ect and then I pot them up in my 15 ltr pots at about day 8 to 10 maybe and I have huge Success that way .also I feed with piss weak nutes from the off also in flower I feed once a day till run off also I'd love you to give Coco another try as once your set it's great and you can grow big plants

I've used that brand before with clay pebbles and I didn't feel the charge overfed them at all also canna Coco is my fav but most brands come pre charged or buffered so I just pot up and go but I start every single plant I grow in solo cups it just takes all the worry about overwatering ect and then I pot them up in my 15 ltr pots at about day 8 to 10 maybe and I have huge Success that way .also I feed with piss weak nutes from the off also in flower I feed once a day till run off also I'd love you to give Coco another try as once your set it's great and you can grow big plants

I went with coco because it dries quick and means if i over feed i don't have to wait like a week for it to dry out unlike soil.

I've put my big girl under a lot of stress today but I've lstd her and hoping she recovers quick.

Next time i pot up im flushing my coco first. I never fed until run off with my seedlings in case they drowned at a young age. So maybe the charge ppm has raised since I've only just started feeding until run off. But it was sky high man. Ill leave my big girl around 700 odd PPM and wait for her to dry before i feed her again until run off.

My biggest girl at 20 days old with LST after bringing her PPMS down from 1200 to 700-780 and some LST.
16216047283809041382996458195652.jpg

My second girl was at around 750 PPM earlier. I'm just gonna give her another feed with some plain PH water to run off to see if I can drop her to around 500 PPM then leave her be

1621604800992417190992648386252.jpg

And here is my poorly seedling that i might just pluck out. I may flush her too though. But a week has already passed and thats a week lost of growth.
16216048563822501698481064369033.jpg

Last edited:
Its hot for sure. Just started flushing the seedling and its ppm stands around 700 PPMS. Hoping the flush of the seedling doesn't kill it. If it does, live and learn anyway.

But no chance in hell does that coco with charge support seedling growth like they said.

Piece of crap for sure.

I don't advise anyone uses ecothrive coco lite unless they give it a good flush before they pot up

I hate to disagree with anyone buddy, I’m using this in my grow right now with no flushing, straight out the bag into final pot.
This is ten weeks later
9E592AB7-5491-4027-8229-73C84E7E5D0D.jpeg

this is my first grow , maybe I just got lucky this time who knows, . I think flushing buffered coco can upset the ph. Please note I am still learning , but plenty on here will chip in.
hope it all works out for you .

I hate to disagree with anyone buddy, I’m using this in my grow right now with no flushing, straight out the bag into final pot.
This is ten weeks later
View attachment 1320819
this is my first grow , maybe I just got lucky this time who knows, . I think flushing buffered coco can upset the ph. Please note I am still learning , but plenty on here will chip in.
hope it all works out for you .

Maybe so. But chances are you have been feeding to run off since the beginning or very early stage. I have had 2 seedlings burn since potting them with just ph water at 6.0-6.4 tops. There is no way i have raised the ppms to 700-1000 when I've only fed two of the bigger seedlings like twice with no more than 300 PPM. It shouldn't be as high as 700-1000. I've read that if you don't feed to run off, the salts will build up very quickly from "charge" product. Which is definitely wot has happened. I never fed to run off until today and thats when i checked the ppms. I potted them directly into the coco/15L pots so i never wanted to feed until run off or rinse the coco beforehand because the coco supplier states its already been buffered and rinsed basically, just to pot up right away.

I'd like to hear how you approached yours from germination through seedling stage bro. Did you feed until run off from the start? Did you start in a large pot or a solo cup? Etc.

The color of my run off speaks for itself tbh. It is literally brown which tells me there is a very high volume of nutrients in there. either way, i have learned from this. And won't be using precharged coco again.

Check the color of run off.

I've potted up stardawg in a solo cup with my other coco. Pinched a bit of the soil and put it in some water and checked the ppms of it. Its around 150. So i will see how this will thrive compared to the other two seedlings i planted in ecothrive coco lite with 15l pots.

Attachments

• 16216197502947120654942627997317.jpg
    16216197502947120654942627997317.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Maybe so. But chances are you have been feeding to run off since the beginning or very early stage. I have had 2 seedlings burn since potting them with just ph water at 6.0-6.4 tops. There is no way i have raised the ppms to 700-1000 when I've only fed two of the bigger seedlings like twice with no more than 300 PPM. It shouldn't be as high as 700-1000. I've read that if you don't feed to run off, the salts will build up very quickly from "charge" product. Which is definitely wot has happened. I never fed to run off until today and thats when i checked the ppms. I potted them directly into the coco/15L pots so i never wanted to feed until run off or rinse the coco beforehand because the coco supplier states its already been buffered and rinsed basically, just to pot up right away.

I'd like to hear how you approached yours from germination through seedling stage bro. Did you feed until run off from the start? Did you start in a large pot or a solo cup? Etc.

The color of my run off speaks for itself tbh. It is literally brown which tells me there is a very high volume of nutrients in there. either way, i have learned from this. And won't be using precharged coco again.

Check the color of run off.

I've potted up stardawg in a solo cup with my other coco. Pinched a bit of the soil and put it in some water and checked the ppms of it. Its around 150. So i will see how this will thrive compared to the other two seedlings i planted in ecothrive coco lite with 15l pots.
I hear ya buddy, my first run to waste was extremely dark and ppms were sky high, I watched many vids on you tube of people watering their coco and it came out exactly the same colour so I just thought this was normal.
First two weeks I just gave her a small amount of ph water, then she turned slightly limey in colour that’s when I started feeding.
my first run to waste was at the first feeding about 2 weeks in, . But again this is my first grow and kind of guessing as I go. It’s a complete minefield bud, but we all gotta start somewhere. Go with whatever you feel comfortable with and dial it in your way.

Forgot to add, I went straight into a 5 gallon root pouch from germ.

Back