Slow Growth Coco Seedlings + Germination Issues

your water sounds great also i can get 8 oz a plant on a good day but I normally get a minimum 4 oz per plant so I know what I'm doing with coco but @Mañ'O'Green is my goto guy about nutes he's a whiz kid

Sadly the second smallest plant is on day 19 and barely on 3rd node yet and showing signs of sex. Where as the bigger one is yet to show pistols. I'm hoping it doesn't start to flower by next week on the plus side, my AN Coco Bloom nutrients have arrived and i will give them another feed today. Its supposed to be PH perfect but my PH is around 6.1-6.2

Im use to growing monsters in soil. However, im not doing it to run off right now because they are still young and their root system isn't completely established yet. So it would just drown the roots. Were u feeding to run off as seedlings? Well, my biggest is 3 weeks old now. Did you also begin feeding at an early stage with ecothrive btw? They come packed with slow release nutrients so ive been feeding water until my Advanced Nutrients arrive tomorrow or so.

So you said you were worried about drowning the roots on the seedlings while they were young. I personally don't believe this is possible in coco I water my seedlings until complete run off.

Germinate by first watering the entire pot until runoff then popping the seed in and then I will water as much I my lazyness will allow but see the absolute best results watering them to runoff every day.

Coco with slow release nutrients just sounds like a bad concept straight away. Coco is hydro, hydro is fed with soluble nutrients not slow release.

It's going to make it difficult to judge what your plant needs because these slow release nutrients create an unknown factor.

Coco with slow release nutrients just sounds like a bad concept straight away. Coco is hydro, hydro is fed with soluble nutrients not slow release.

It's going to make it difficult to judge what your plant needs because these slow release nutrients create an unknown factor.

I know man now im thinking the same thing before i seen your response. I done my first feed to run off earlier and the run off was urine color. Surely that means there is a high concentration of nutrients in there? I only fed it less than 250 PPM a couple of times until today at 425 PPM with run off. I have another bag of coco i am going to be using with stardawg. A different brand but comes precharged. This time around i am just gonna germinate it in soil in a red cup that way i know its getting fed jack shit and won't be getting overfed. Its the last time i use coco with "pre-charge" again. I will take pics in ten minutes to show the updates. Will also be LSTn my bigger one today.

The other coco I am gonna be using is:
20210521_123637.jpg

Last edited:
I know man now im thinking the same thing before i seen your response. I done my first feed to run off earlier and the run off was urine color. Surely that means there is a high concentration of nutrients in there? I only fed it less than 250 PPM a couple of times until today at 425 PPM with run off. I have another bag of coco i am going to be using with stardawg. A different brand but comes precharged. This time around i am just gonna germinate it in soil in a red cup that way i know its getting fed jack shit and won't be getting overfed. Its the last time i use coco with "pre-charge" again. I will take pics in ten minutes to show the updates. Will also be LSTn my bigger one today.
Yeah I would stay away from anything like that. You should collect that run off and check the EC but yeah urine colour sounds kinda bad.

Coco is a great medium. I've been in Coco for about a year and a half and I wouldn't even worry about trying other methods. Once you have it figured coco gives you the results of hydro without needing constant monitoring like DWC does.

The site coco for cannabis is a pretty good resource to read through. Lots of decent info on there.

You can't over water it. In flower I feed small volumes hourly starting 2 hours after lights on until 2 hours before lights off. Coco is constantly wet but allowing for a bit of dry back overnight.

Yeah I would stay away from anything like that. You should collect that run off and check the EC but yeah urine colour sounds kinda bad.

Coco is a great medium. I've been in Coco for about a year and a half and I wouldn't even worry about trying other methods. Once you have it figured coco gives you the results of hydro without needing constant monitoring like DWC does.

The site coco for cannabis is a pretty good resource to read through. Lots of decent info on there.

You can't over water it. In flower I feed small volumes hourly starting 2 hours after lights on until 2 hours before lights off. Coco is constantly wet but allowing for a bit of dry back overnight.

Oh man im not pleased one bit

Second seedling run off is like 750 PPM. Baring in mind I only fed it around 250 PPM tops.

Bigger one that has somehow survived this bullshit is at around 1200.

And this coco brand "Ecothrive Coco Lite" claims its fine for seedlings and small plants.

I have no idea how my biggest seedling thrived and survived this. Now i know why the smallest is burned and stunted!

I've only did a feed on the second and third seedlings (the oldest ones) with some run off.

But im going to let it dry out for two days and im gonna flush them big time with some light nutrient solution of AN coco bloom until the PPM run off is much smaller.

With my other coco brand, im gonna be sure to flush the coco before even using it until I deem the PPMs small enough to make it usable in case its default PPM is sky high like the other brand.

Check the run off color.
20210521_125018.jpg

Oh man im not pleased one bit

Second seedling run off is like 750 PPM. Baring in mind I only fed it around 250 PPM tops.

Bigger one that has somehow survived this bullshit is at around 1200.

And this coco brand "Ecothrive Coco Lite" claims its fine for seedlings and small plants.

I have no idea how my biggest seedling thrived and survived this. Now i know why the smallest is burned and stunted!

I've only did a feed on the second and third seedlings (the oldest ones) with some run off.

But im going to let it dry out for two days and im gonna flush them big time with some light nutrient solution of AN coco bloom until the PPM run off is much smaller.

With my other coco brand, im gonna be sure to flush the coco before even using it until I deem the PPMs small enough to make it usable in case its default PPM is sky high like the other brand.

Check the run off color.
View attachment 1320732
Wow that super hot for those little girls. I'm usually sitting around 800 ppm in full flower. I Think the one that has survived was lucky enough to have genetics that allowed it to handle the heat.

Stick with the better known brands of coco and you should be right. Canna is good stuff and just mix in your own perlite. Good coco shouldn't need to rinsed either.

Wow that super hot for those little girls. I'm usually sitting around 800 ppm in full flower. I Think the one that has survived was lucky enough to have genetics that allowed it to handle the heat.

Stick with the better known brands of coco and you should be right. Canna is good stuff and just mix in your own perlite. Good coco shouldn't need to rinsed either.

The coco i used said it doesn't need flushed. But obviously it does with that amount of nutrients in it. I am flushing the plants right now until the PPMs are about right then leaving it be until they all dry out

The coco i used said it doesn't need flushed. But obviously it does with that amount of nutrients in it. I am flushing the plants right now until the PPMs are about right then leaving it be until they all dry out
Good luck mate. Hopefully they come good and you can finish them up without too many dramas. Good idea to keep a close eye on the run off ppm cause you don't know what's getting released into your mix.

Back