Slow Growth Coco Seedlings + Germination Issues

Im use to growing monsters in soil. However, im not doing it to run off right now because they are still young and their root system isn't completely established yet. So it would just drown the roots. Were u feeding to run off as seedlings? Well, my biggest is 3 weeks old now. Did you also begin feeding at an early stage with ecothrive btw? They come packed with slow release nutrients so ive been feeding water until my Advanced Nutrients arrive tomorrow or so.
I just watered in a small circle around the seedlings, and started feeding when she turned a bit yellowy/ limey colour, which I think was about the 3 rd week. Try not to treat your coco like soil, keep moist . Full flower people water 3+ times a day with coco, still getting my head around it all myself, but will help out anyway I can.

hi bro coco needs nutes from the beginning I've used ecothrive coco/clay pebbles and I fed them from the start same as any coco i start small seedling at an ec of about 0.6

Attachments

• 68b0631c96143e59cf7f5e04a190a0879e5fbe93_400x.jpg
    68b0631c96143e59cf7f5e04a190a0879e5fbe93_400x.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 4
Im use to growing monsters in soil. However, im not doing it to run off right now because they are still young and their root system isn't completely established yet. So it would just drown the roots. Were u feeding to run off as seedlings? Well, my biggest is 3 weeks old now. Did you also begin feeding at an early stage with ecothrive btw? They come packed with slow release nutrients so ive been feeding water until my Advanced Nutrients arrive tomorrow or so.
j I also googled it it says feed with low nutes from day 1
coco.PNG

hi bro coco needs nutes from the beginning I've used ecothrive coco/clay pebbles and I fed them from the start same as any coco i start small seedling at an ec of about 0.6
I used ecothrive coco lite which comes precharged so i assumed i wouldnt have to feed right away as its slow release nutes

I used ecothrive coco lite which comes precharged so i assumed i wouldnt have to feed right away as its slow release nutes
I wasn't sure as I haven't used that same product but I'd say once you start feeding them they will take off I'm just surprised no one else pointed it out about Coco and even a feed of just a and b will see them perk up

Interesting , I was under the impression the seedling had everything it needs for about ten days, but I guess the coco needs looking after aswell. Although my starting ec is 0.543, that doesn’t leave much room for food lol she didn’t seem to suffer though. Living n learning . Cheers.

Interesting , I was under the impression the seedling had everything it needs for about ten days, but I guess the coco needs looking after aswell. Although my starting ec is 0.543, that doesn’t leave much room for food lol she didn’t seem to suffer though. Living n learning . Cheers.
that's only for tiny seedlings for plants his age id up that and I was always told using coco always feed with nutes every feeding even a light feed also for older plants I still only feed my 15 ltr ones once a day to run off

that's only for tiny seedlings for plants his age id up that and I was always told using coco always feed with nutes every feeding even a light feed also for older plants I still only feed my 15 ltr ones once a day to run off

I just wasn't sure to feed even lightly because it comes with slow release nutrients. I mixed 1ml of calmag into 10L of water and even that affected my seedling. Like some sort of nute burn. 1ml per 10L of water is major diluted. So I'm assuming it did that because of the slow release nutrients. I did that feed when it was like 3-4 days old. I started feeding all 3 today with 1ml grow from AN from 4L of water. I will update and see how it goes over the next couple of days.

I just wasn't sure to feed even lightly because it comes with slow release nutrients. I mixed 1ml of calmag into 10L of water and even that affected my seedling. Like some sort of nute burn. 1ml per 10L of water is major diluted. So I'm assuming it did that because of the slow release nutrients. I did that feed when it was like 3-4 days old. I started feeding all 3 today with 1ml grow from AN from 4L of water. I will update and see how it goes over the next couple of days.
Keep us posted how you get on but I think you will see them take off also have you got a pH and EC meter

Keep us posted how you get on but I think you will see them take off also have you got a pH and EC meter

A PPM meter and PH meter. I've been seeing someone pulling 14oz with autos using a specific feeding method with coco. They feed like 3 times a day even from two weeks old using cups. So around 400-500ml of feed. I am taking this approach to see how they take off. I'm awaiting my COCO version of advanced nutrients. I have the soil version but i fed them 400ML twice today so far. I just mixed 1ML of advanced nutrients grow into a 4L bucket of water and im sharing this between the plants just to warm them up to some nutrients. My tiny seedling is 7 days old and doesnt look it because it burned from that calmag. So im hoping she doesnt burn from this minor feeding. My PH was 6.5 using this feed, so i brought it down to 6.0. If they're ok tomorrow, i will keep the seedling at 1ml for a little while until it improves, and for the 3 week seedlings (18 and 19 days old), ill bump the feed upto 2ml.

First nutrient feed is only 75PPM according to my PPM meter. My water is clean around 35PPM. I will bump the PPMS up if they respond ok to this first feed.

Small seedling is 7 days old (the baby who suffered ).

20210520_163303.jpg

Second seedling is 18 days old.

20210520_163314.jpg

Third is 19 days old. I wouldn't call that a seedling because it's done pretty well.

20210520_163250.jpg

Only training I've done on the third is some leaf tucking. Will be LSTing her in a few days. I use to LST them at a very early stage and I feel it forces them to flower a little quicker. So I'm waiting until her shoots are a bit longer before bending her over.

They do look a little yellow. It is partially true. But my 240w is more on the warm side so it can be a little deceiving on camera.

Last edited:
Back