slight yellowing on the tips

The first and last photo show a rusting effect before the leaves even start to yellow.. that's why I assumed it was a calcium def. over aging.. correct me if I'm wrong!

Cheers guys...

Dam Calcium, the water I get is full of calcium.. im just wondering if by aerating the water, i'm loosing to much.

i clean my water barrel out every time i refill, as i get left with all this residue and deposits at the bottom, which i presume is calcium.

DSCN5723.jpg

I'm gonna try and get some dolomite lime today.

Also looks like some spots are signs of nute splash and not cal deficiency rust signs ?

Yeah i only have one watering can and its huge. (i should get another one, it always slips my mind.) quite tricky to handle when really full, so the bottom leaves always get a good splash :(

Yep. Same here. I would either dry them out or atleast give them a good splash(or mist) with pure water if there are just too many to dry.
Also, look at the dynamics of the symptoms. Are they appearing on old leaves only ?
From bottom to top ?
Only places where nutewater might splash ?

Before deciding that you have a certain deficiency do more research as to how that deficiency spreads.

DSCN5728.jpg
DSCN5729.jpg this plant is two weeks older, it has some of the same signs but not as bad.

Here is an overall view.

It is starting from the bottom on the old leaf, it's mainly where feed would have splashed, i am noticing it very very slightly, on some leafs, that are not new but not old..

It is still growing, it jumped about an inch in the last day or so.

I have had the same issues this grow Stanko. I was not watering enough I think. I have changed my watering to every other day, 200ml per plant

yeah, i have been trying to wait till its really dry.. as from what i have read your supposed to, but i may have gone a bit to far.

its strange that only two out of four of my plants seem to be affected by calcium, these are the ones that have been flowering for the longest. but now my other two have kicked into flowering, but starting to get yellowing leafs at the bottom and i dont want the same thing to happen.

I have got my watering ph down to 6.5

Do they all need nutes, or just the ones with the bottom yellowing leafs.?

i'm just a bit lost as to what to do, any suggestions welcome..

d.JPG

cc.JPG

c.JPG

these two have some yellowing of the leaves.
b.JPG

bb.JPG

bbb.JPG

this one got repotted a week ago
a.JPG

aa.JPG

aaa.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Back