slight yellowing on the tips

that looks like you splashed water with nutes in it on the plants brother. Not sure, but that's what it looks like to me. I have done this before to many times.

yup... looks like ph is high locking out phosphorus and potassium...

ph vs uptake.gifph vs uptake 2.jpg

pick up a soil ph meter like this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Luster-Leaf-1817-Rapitest-Moisture/dp/B00026UTM6

water ph is only part of the equasion... ultimately... its soil ph you want right... and yours looks high by your plants... :)

JM

Thank you all for the help. Much appreciated.

The canna soil I have says it's 5.8 ph, which is why I have been feeding it using a higher than normal ph.

When I have tested the soil run off (using a solution test, not the best way but I have done it multiple time and get the same results each time) if I used water ph'd around 6.5 the run off would be about 5, if I used straight tap water ph'd about 8 the run off comes out about 6.5.. which is why I haven't bothered to ph the water down.

I'ts like trying to balance a seesaw atm, and I guess the problem with that is, I'm not constantly in the optimum range for nute uptake, always fluctuating.

The new soil I got the other day http://autoflower.net/forums/showthread.php/1280-maria-green-soil-amp-products say's that it is 5.5 to 6.5 I'm hoping the latter of the two, which will help me find a balance.

how many weeks old are you plants, as some time you can add nutes to soon to the soil like it did,my soil got 4 weeks of feed so i only water and add seaweed and root grow till she show her sex off,but like every one say the PH must be right or you well lock out the feeds,have a look on my post of my pj cross my girl only just start having feed of bloom and she on her 5 week,and she still looking nice and green,
Kudo

I just watered the sick one. which is about 7 weeks old, female, I think it's pineapple express. quite stunted as it got left outside for 2 weeks in bad weather.

I watered with ph of 8.5, checked the run off twice, each time it was quite clear. and the run off has changed, it's now has a ph of about 5 and maybe a bit lower. :(

I bought some humus the other week to use in the garden, should I try adding some to the top of the soil?

Last edited by a moderator:
ph shoul be in the 6.1-6.5 not 8.5 i like mine at 6.4 and the soil should be at 6.5 i only get soil that hold that ph and then i just do my own mix of bat poo and some WC to my soil,i do not do run off anymore i just keep the ph right on watering.
Kudo

Last edited:
so for the past week i have been feeding them on a ph of about 6.5. most of them are doing good, but one is showing real signs of something, and growth seems to be slow (that might just be in my mind tho), i have a had a look around an am wondering if i need to add some epsom salt to a watering. or if some one has more of an idea.

does it still look like the ph is high locking out phosphorus and potassium John?

DSCN5714.jpgDSCN5715.jpgDSCN5711.jpgDSCN5717.jpgDSCN5718.jpg

I'm not Dr. Mondello, but...

In my experience that's a calcium deficiency although it's mild. It's more than likely caused by the extreme fluctuations currently going on with your soil. Calcium is one of the easiest macrovnutrients to lock out with an acidic soil. It gets absorbed in very alkaline conditions (up to 9.1 in soil). As far as rectifying the PH, a 2-3 week method that will work is using dolomite lime on top of the soil around the plant, about 2 tbs per gallon pot size. Watering it in, in time it will balance the soil - it's not an immediate effect and don't get quick release lime. Drastic swings in PH are very detrimental for the plant, so if it's too acidic, bring it up slowly - if it's too alkaline, bring it down slowly. You can kill the plant via shock with those kind of swings. The lime will cure the calcium deficiency over time as well as stabilize the soil.

I'm not Dr. Mondello, but...

In my experience that's a calcium deficiency although it's mild. It's more than likely caused by the extreme fluctuations currently going on with your soil. Calcium is one of the easiest macrovnutrients to lock out with an acidic soil. It gets absorbed in very alkaline conditions (up to 9.1 in soil). As far as rectifying the PH, a 2-3 week method that will work is using dolomite lime on top of the soil around the plant, about 2 tbs per gallon pot size. Watering it in, in time it will balance the soil - it's not an immediate effect and don't get quick release lime. Drastic swings in PH are very detrimental for the plant, so if it's too acidic, bring it up slowly - if it's too alkaline, bring it down slowly. You can kill the plant via shock with those kind of swings. The lime will cure the calcium deficiency over time as well as stabilize the soil.

That advice is spot on. :thumbs:

Those are lower leaves aren't they?
It looks to me like just aging lower leaves, That's normal...

Back