Mephisto Genetics Skylar White Open House.... (Everybody come Compare and Contrast)

I have dropped one skylar white in water to soak for 24 hours, then straight into the dirt.
3 gallon smartpots with kindsoil, topped with the rest of my biobizz light mix and promix mixed. Had to use up soil!
Have one by another breeder soaking too but it will go somewhere else.

I have dropped one skylar white in water to soak for 24 hours, then straight into the dirt.
3 gallon smartpots with kindsoil, topped with the rest of my biobizz light mix and promix mixed. Had to use up soil!
Have one by another breeder soaking too but it will go somewhere else.

Right on @Dudeski!

I'm dropping mine. Question is it Skyler or Skylar? Seen it both ways and pretty sure it says Skylar on the seed holder thing. Lol

Here we go!! Going with the 3-1/2 Gal Hempy Bucket. Will update on more info when she pops in 3ish days!
:pass:
IMG_20160816_130252742.jpg
IMG_20160816_130302018.jpg
IMG_20160816_130925830.jpg
IMG_20160816_131914825.jpg

See you soon my dear!! :naughtystep:

Dude! I didn't know that you went straight to the soil. I just soak, not wanting a tap to show then soil. I will be following you next round and into the dirt.

Dude! I didn't know that you went straight to the soil. I just soak, not wanting a tap to show then soil. I will be following you next round and into the dirt.

When I first started I used jiffy pellets with perlite/vermiculite mix but now I just drop straight to coco and I also always add some rhizotonic from the start along with a little coco A and B.... I know sounds crazy. Had 100% germ rate on everything so far. Knock on wood... haha

Everyone has there ways and opinions. I will just leave it there.... if I was germinating a ton of beans I could see doing the soak and paper towel method.

Last edited:
Last edited:
[Q
My thoughts were that in the wild, they fall off and into the dirt. I will soak them some but its dark, warm and moist in the dirt! Same as a paper towel

I agree. If you have a viable bean it is gonna pop if put/falls off right into soil that is somewhat descent and then watered. I think there is more room for error handling the seed or seedling. Either way both methods work.

Glad we are finally doing this @Dudeski :d5: There are going to be some pretty ladies in here!!:kiss:

Back