Single cob lights a passe?

CoviklaFlaire

Doctor of Fu*king up Grows!
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Moist basement shitty moldy albanian weed..
Since I got busted and all my equipment got sized {taken}, I must start from scratch.. I dont have money for light, so I was planing to start with single cob lights just like @BigSm0 is selling.,but I see everybody are on qb boards or strips. Are cobs a passe thing?

I don't know if they are passe, just boards are so inexpensive now.

I Think. If I diy my single cobs, price is similar.

I picked up a MarsHydro TS1000 for $120usd, I don't know how shipping would be for you. It's a wicked panel/qb for the money. I have a Migro Aray also but it's twice as much. The Mars is absolutely great price and performance. Depends what you like or are comfortable with.

They make a smaller TS600 that is usually less than $100usd. The bigger ts1000 has a dimmer.

If you can do it yourself, building a light is probably cheapest and you can get more. I'm just too old to be bothered.

Its almost half price vs 3590 single cob, but its 100w vs 50w. 3590 are far more el. Effective.. And if I get back to fully growing it would be 400w vs 200w.. Since ai was raided I'm kittle paranoid of el. Consuption in empty house.

Generally, the best thing to do after getting busted is nothing, at least not 'manufacturing' (growing) or dealing for a while. With local or lower-level busts, a common pattern is to investigate after the bust to see who you call and visit first, knowing most will panic and reconnect with fellow growers and/or dealers.

Perhaps ask yourself -- "Do I present a profile (e.g., appear, act, etc. like a pot head, dealer or grower) to local law enforcement or anyone looking such that they 'know' I simply will return or already have returned to growing?" If you fit such a preconceived profile, if it's a good bet you'll again be growing (already happening), law enforcement may just return again, and you'll be in even bigger trouble. Maybe, consider a break for a while, growing in someone else's home, etc.

Last edited:
Someone of my two very close friends ratted on me.. I dont sell. Im smoking too. Much and my yields were poor so If I sold, i dont have nothing to smoke.. Qb boards usualy cover 2x2 for flower at 100w.so in future i would need 4 qb boards, equal 400w consuption. Or to buy 240w/300w board kit.. But I was thinking upgrading slowly . Because growing place is problem.. With single cob, it more easier for me to uograde and one lightis enough for one plant..
I really dont know what to do..

Whether you go with COBs, QBs or modern/current LEDs won't matter much (to the plants). The newer technologies are all rather competitive with each other.

I think single cobs are best for my start..I Will start with two and maybe upgrade with 2 later.. I cqn get one cob around 100$ With shippig

Last edited:
if you want to get away cheap and with good light check out citizen 1212 and 1218

Back