Lighting Single Autocob Grow (2x2x4)

elcoloan

Still learning a lot!
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
VAPING: Go-Go Auto, Bloody Skunk Auto, Cream Mandarine Auto, Deez Nugs, 24Caratx3BOG, amazingly-tasty-unkown-strain
Hello!
This is my new 2x2x4 growtent with one 3500K Autocob (65 Watt version), and 1 or 2 plants per run. I don't need much ganjahhh, just something nice to relax once a week, so I want to see how well one of these lights does for me. Only problem I can see from this little sun is setting distance from canopy level... still gotta play around more with this...

Picture of the tent and light setup for the first time :D
20181211_194947.jpg

I began using the light in mid december and have grown 4 bag-seeds so far (and some basil and chamomile) and have a 1 week old Auto AK (my first auto!). The bag-seeds are meant to be given to my firends for them to continue growing them (one is saving for an autocob as well), and so far 2 of the bag-seed plants have gone to their future parents :( .

Picture of tent before the 2 older plants left for their new homes...
20190109_093819.jpg

Picture of the tent just after the two older plants had left
20190110_092034.jpg

Right now I have two bag-seed plants, sprouted on Dec 23rd so... about 19 days old, in mini coco hempy buckets which began feeding on MC today at 0.7 EC. The basil and chamomile also get 0.7 EC. Light is at 31 inches from their tops.
Also have 1 Auto AK, sprouted Jan 3rd so... a week old, in peat mix that will then be passed into coco hempy in a 7 Lt bucket. She received her first feed today with MC at 0.2 EC. She is meant to be the only cannabis plant in the tent under the autocob. Light is at 34 inches from her top.

Picture of all the current plants under the single autocob 65 Watt 3500k light
20190110_163728.jpg

Picture of 1 week old Auto AK
20190110_163227.jpg

And that's it for now...

I hope this light meets my needs. A 70 watts HPS used to do the trick quite well, so I'm expecting this cob to blow my mind... which it has done so far and cobshop's (@BigSm0) customer service has been great too.

I'm open to any suggestions to improve things here a bit... specially regarding the light distance. I have considered buying a 6500K autocob in a near future to use for veg instead of the 3500K, but let's first see what this yellowish light can do.....:eyebrows:

Last edited:
Your gonna be very suprised.

By both the comparison to hps... energy savings..and performance. Have run both.

You'll probably be happy with the 3500k as well, I run it start to finish. Maybe a little tighter internodal spacing, but impressive.

Your gonna be very suprised.

By both the comparison to hps... energy savings..and performance. Have run both.

You'll probably be happy with the 3500k as well, I run it start to finish. Maybe a little tighter internodal spacing, but impressive.

well i'm very happy so far!

... Love what you are doing so far.

thanks!!! I love your product and your customer service hehehe
You were right! I might need some additional height space!!! The light is almost at the top of the tent!

20190112_133001.jpg

I have five in a 4x4 with the center one being either a 6500k or 2700k. My tent is only 6’ tall so I put all four against the ceiling and when starting out I only turn on 3. Two 3500s and the other. Then the light intensity doesn’t seem to bother the girls. If I think they need more I turn one of the others on until all five are on. Using this method I rarely have to lower my lights although I do try during flower.

I have five in a 4x4 with the center one being either a 6500k or 2700k. My tent is only 6’ tall so I put all four against the ceiling and when starting out I only turn on 3. Two 3500s and the other. Then the light intensity doesn’t seem to bother the girls. If I think they need more I turn one of the others on until all five are on. Using this method I rarely have to lower my lights although I do try during flower.

nice!
are your lights the 55 or 65 watt version?

I believe they are all the older 55 watts. Here is the configuration a use.you can see the one in the middle is my 2700k.
View attachment 1000193

I have a 3x3 tent i've not used in a while... I hope one day I can fill it up with cobs like yours!

BTW... So far, the 65 watts 3500 K autocob has me quite happy. Will definitely invest in more as soon as I can. I'm sure my results so far can be vastly improved, not fault of the light, though.

The Auto Ak seems to be moving forward after all i've put ehr through...
20190123_075439.jpg

20190123_075510.jpg

After this weekend only the auto ak will live under the autocob! and next plant to replace it will be an auto from RQS most probably, will choose tomorrow at a local growshop where i plant to get 5 or 6 RQS autos to grow (1 after the other) under my autocob!

Today's pic of the bagseed (31 days old) next to the Auto Ak (20 days old). Soon the bagseed will leave to her forster home.
20190123_075317.jpg

Back