Mephisto Genetics Simoigets SIP grow ..all time favorites of the mephisto variety

Day 28 Update: this is turning out to be an interesting grow and different then my other grows which included the same strains

Plants look healthy and happy but other than the samsquanch og ,they just continue to be small and relatively slow growing

I'm a bit stumped as to why..the previous grows I've done under the same conditions and in the same sip containers with the same soil and amendments have all resulted in wild growth and big unruly plants that are hard to contain in my 4x4 space

Oh well..I'm happy with the progress so far and think I can still pull off a decent harvest barring any major complications from here on through

This is the sam og.her colour was a little pale and I was worried this would progress but she has greened up a bit and is the only plant that is behaving like my previous sip grown plants.just a word on this strain as it is one of my favorite meph strains that I've grown to date it has the best nose of any meph strain I've grown and just grows into this awesome bushy plant with no manipulation from me at all!

20210429_134836.jpg

20210429_134857.jpg

Now for the problem children...

This is the double g. The previous DG I've grown were not overly big and were quick to flower and finish but this one has been really small and started flowering at about day 21 or so.I decided to do some lst on her in Hope's of getting her to branch out a bit more

20210428_094510.jpg

20210429_134729.jpg

This is the forgotten cookies. She has looked super healthy throughout but is also small and slow growing and is starting to flower as well. Every other plant I've had in the SIPs have been slow to flower and not really showed any signs of flower untill day 35-40 so who knows what's up with this one.i also did some lst on this one as well

20210428_094442.jpg

20210429_134740.jpg

Here is a tent shot of all 3

20210429_134908.jpg

The plants look happy the worms seem happy..or at least they haven't tried to crawl out! So I will just carry on. Will top dress the sam og next week but will probably hold off a bit on the others due to their small size and likely less nutrient requirements.will update again soon

Happy growing all

Day 28 Update: this is turning out to be an interesting grow and different then my other grows which included the same strains

Plants look healthy and happy but other than the samsquanch og ,they just continue to be small and relatively slow growing

I'm a bit stumped as to why..the previous grows I've done under the same conditions and in the same sip containers with the same soil and amendments have all resulted in wild growth and big unruly plants that are hard to contain in my 4x4 space

Oh well..I'm happy with the progress so far and think I can still pull off a decent harvest barring any major complications from here on through

This is the sam og.her colour was a little pale and I was worried this would progress but she has greened up a bit and is the only plant that is behaving like my previous sip grown plants.just a word on this strain as it is one of my favorite meph strains that I've grown to date it has the best nose of any meph strain I've grown and just grows into this awesome bushy plant with no manipulation from me at all!

View attachment 1312556
View attachment 1312557

Now for the problem children...

This is the double g. The previous DG I've grown were not overly big and were quick to flower and finish but this one has been really small and started flowering at about day 21 or so.I decided to do some lst on her in Hope's of getting her to branch out a bit more

View attachment 1312558
View attachment 1312559

This is the forgotten cookies. She has looked super healthy throughout but is also small and slow growing and is starting to flower as well. Every other plant I've had in the SIPs have been slow to flower and not really showed any signs of flower untill day 35-40 so who knows what's up with this one.i also did some lst on this one as well

View attachment 1312560
View attachment 1312561

Here is a tent shot of all 3

View attachment 1312562

The plants look happy the worms seem happy..or at least they haven't tried to crawl out! So I will just carry on. Will top dress the sam og next week but will probably hold off a bit on the others due to their small size and likely less nutrient requirements.will update again soon

Happy growing all
Are you by chance running cooler temps or have a cold draft coming in your tent? When I have cold soil or air temps I get real slow growth.
cheers
os

Are you by chance running cooler temps or have a cold draft coming in your tent? When I have cold soil or air temps I get real slow growth.
cheers
os
I thought of. that too and it could be a factor

Day time temps are 23-25 C or 74 F
Night is dipping down to 20 C or 68 F at times but is usually closer to 70 F and I am running a heater in the tent

Slightly cool maybe? but shouldn't be that much of a factor. I did start off with warmer temps for germination and early seedling stage and then allowed temps to cool slightly so maybe the slight change was enough to slow things up?

I have usually been in these temp ranges before on my previous grows and did not experience the slow growth

@Organic Sinse I guess another thought is that if it was an environmental issue like the temperatures I would probably expect to see it across the board. What is a bit weird is that the one plant is growing well at what I would expect based on previous results.

TBH I don't expect explosive growth from my fabric pot plants but even that double grape in the fabric pot is extra slow for sure.whats more of a surprise is the forgotten cookies in the sip.especially based on my previous experiences with this strain. this forgotten cookie seed was fairly old stock so maybe its just a slow/runt pheno?

If you can, I would raise the temp up to 80’F and see if they kick into gear. If you running leds, the leaves won’t ‘feel’ very warm down at 74’F. Those couple degrees really make a difference on the front side of the grow. I live in the frigid north and deal with having to run a lot of heat during the front half of the grow, or I see real slow growth. Its real noticeable for me when I get down to 75’F. Some strains seem to take it better than others, but it affects them all.
cheers
os

If you can, I would raise the temp up to 80’F and see if they kick into gear. If you running leds, the leaves won’t ‘feel’ very warm down at 74’F. Those couple degrees really make a difference on the front side of the grow. I live in the frigid north and deal with having to run a lot of heat during the front half of the grow, or I see real slow growth. Its real noticeable for me when I get down to 75’F. Some strains seem to take it better than others, but it affects them all.
cheers
os
I appreciate the advice and it's worth a try for sure.. this is a time of year that is a little tricky for temps

Not cold enough to be running heat in my house but just a little too cool at times for the tent so have to run a heater in the tent which I am not a fan of. Only because i hate to leave it running unattended all the time.

I know it is unlikely to start a fire but i feel more peace of mind when it's not running.I do have a pretty sweet little space heater that draws low watts and heats the tent pretty well I will crank it up a notch and see if that encourages some growth

Back