Mephisto Genetics Simoigets SIP grow ..all time favorites of the mephisto variety

Molasses is food for microbes so mixing some in should make the microbes multiply! May need a microscope tho to verify that it’s doing what u are wanting! Also may be able to do an easy verification if u put into a plastic water bottle with lid screwed on all the way! If bottle starts to expand from pressure it’s cuz they are multiplying in there! :thumbsup:

Or u can just make LABS! It’s cheap, easy to make, and is basically just activated em1 just without the added purple microbe they put into it! ;)

I'm gonna have to do that. I asked on several vids if they were aerobic or anaerobic. If they are anaerobic, I don't see why I can't activate it like EM1, using the same procedure as EM1 and make it go further. The only problem would be knowing what PH it needs to get to be before considered to be finished.
I'm getting the impression it's possible, with two strengths available, but I'm also getting the impression they don't want people to know it can be done. Just an impression. It may not be possible or advisable.
Pretty sure they are aerobic.
Starting at this point in the vid, tells me they are aerobic.

Well I'm not sure how this run will turn out..seemed to be a strong start but we are lagging now

The plants are not looking terrible but I am not seeing quite what I would like

If things don't come around I will have to go back to the drawing board for my soil mix, maybe mine is just not the right balance

The Sam og is looking the best but has a bit of a light colour to the leaves that I'm not sure about..could be me overthinking it but if it progresses it won't be good.

The forgotten cookies has better colour but is growing very slow and is way behind the other 2

The double grape has looked weird from the beginning and it is so far growing slow and spindly too..oh well it's all good and for now I wont try to change anything just give it a bit more time before making any conclusions...it very well could be me overthinking things and being impatient..it has happened before!‍ the next couple weeks should tell whether we are on track or not

Day 21 today

Sam og
20210423_095545.jpg

Forgotten cookies
20210423_095554.jpg

Double G
20210423_095601.jpg

Tent shot
20210423_095541.jpg

They are kinda on the small side. Have you given them something to stimulate the roots?
Are your room conditions period compliant? and optimized.
They look healthy though!

They are kinda on the small side. Have you given them something to stimulate the roots?
Are your room conditions period compliant? and optimized.
They look healthy though!
yeah environmental conditions are spot on....have mycorrhizae in the starter mix and have inoculated with microbial mass...the only variables that are different then my previous runs are not keeping the reservoir full and not using the plastic mulch covers

those might account for the slower growth but if I start to see deficiency or lock out I will know that my soil mix is just not the right balance

really a soil test is the way to go.with organics and re using and re amending your soil it feels like a bit of a crap shoot without a good soil test

yeah environmental conditions are spot on....have mycorrhizae in the starter mix and have inoculated with microbial mass...the only variables that are different then my previous runs are not keeping the reservoir full and not using the plastic mulch covers

those might account for the slower growth but if I start to see deficiency or lock out I will know that my soil mix is just not the right balance

really a soil test is the way to go.with organics and re using and re amending your soil it feels like a bit of a crap shoot without a good soil test
I haven't had a real organic soil test in many years. I wouldn't know where to go now.

edit...........Have you already top dressed with compost n stuff?

Last edited:
I haven't had a real organic soil test in many years. I wouldn't know where to go now.

edit...........Have you already top dressed with compost n stuff?
Logan labs is the name I hear mentioned when it comes to soil tests ..for the US anyway...Im still looking into a source for us canucks

have done one top dress so far ..I just topped up the reservoir and as an experiment I replaced the plastic mulch covers just to see if that brings any change..I am not too worried it is all valuable learning and if things go sideways I will just start over...all my previous grows have been very satisfying and if I blow one its lessons learned

This is my 3rd? or 4th? run with this soil so it should be getting better each time and Im not sure that is really happening...causing me to suspect that something is out of balance...

but I'm not seeing enough to cause me to abandon all hope just yet!

One thing to try with a top dress is some raw compost so the micro herd and worms (if you have any) have food to breakdown. I also top dress a couple tablespoons of meals in between no till cycles. I have had the best results with 2 tablespoons of fish meal, 2 tablespoons of kelp, and a tsp of Langebenite. I have also had great results subbing the fish meal for 2 tablespoons of alfalfa or soy meal plus 2 tablespoons of fish bone meal, plus the kelp and Langbenite. For best results cover the meal top dress with the compost.
If you start to see fading, the quick way to supply some good organic N is fish hydrolysate. Follow directions on container, but use like 1/4 amount of hydrolysate. Be sure the soil isn't dryed out before applying fish hydrolysate. Its best to do a decent to medium top watering, let it sit for a few hours, then apply the diluted fish hydrolysate.
cheers
os

Logan labs is the name I hear mentioned when it comes to soil tests ..for the US anyway...Im still looking into a source for us canucks

have done one top dress so far ..I just topped up the reservoir and as an experiment I replaced the plastic mulch covers just to see if that brings any change..I am not too worried it is all valuable learning and if things go sideways I will just start over...all my previous grows have been very satisfying and if I blow one its lessons learned

This is my 3rd? or 4th? run with this soil so it should be getting better each time and Im not sure that is really happening...causing me to suspect that something is out of balance...

but I'm not seeing enough to cause me to abandon all hope just yet!
Yeah, I see nothing that says abandon them. They do look healthy. They could blow up any day!

Back