Mephisto Genetics Simoigets SIP grow ..all time favorites of the mephisto variety

Had someone tell me that it’s no problem putting the knf stuff into reservoir I just need to let the ph fall and bring it back up with baking soda and then can safely fill reservoir with it! Gonna give it a shot! :thumbsup:

This is the approach I am taking on this current grow...I think I agree with you on the covers...allthough this grow I am trying to keep them a little more breathable and loose as opposed to nearly airtight like my previous ones...I felt like the anaerobic conditions caused by the tight plastic mulch cover and constantly full res may have caused my soil to acidify a bit too much...but that is just a theory

Using adequate soil you won‘t/can’t generate anaerobic conditions using the plastic mulch cover(except you would increase moisture through „daily“ top watering f.e.). Roots always get enough oxygen through the wicking process itself, so don‘t worry about it anymore!
I‘m quite sure your issues were caused by reusing the soil in combination with your feeding routine. Theoretically you can reuse your soil over and over but only if keeping it balanced which means that you add only the amounts of elements absorbed by the plants during the grow.
But: Trying to get the best out of our girls, we like to play around with feeding, adding a bit of this and a bit of that (and always more than they can eat!!!) and after a while the soil gets out of its balance. Adding lime helps to raise ph to the desired level but your soil still can be out of balance regarding NPK and others. If you were happy and satisfied with the first cycles I most likely wouldn‘t change anything but replace soil after these maybe 2 or 3 good grows. If you reduce feeding most probably you‘ll experiment less problems with your medium but maybe you‘ll have less flowers, as well!?
Your girls look happy and healthy ... good job, bro! :cheers:
cheers and happy growing! :toke:

Had someone tell me that it’s no problem putting the knf stuff into reservoir I just need to let the ph fall and bring it back up with baking soda and then can safely fill reservoir with it! Gonna give it a shot! :thumbsup:

Not good and a waste of money. Knf should be applied within 24 hours. After this time some undesired chemical reactions can take place ...also the reason for the ph fall. Baking soda will raise ph but isn’t good for microbes due to it’s antibacterial effects. It‘s up to you, pal, but I wouldn‘t ride this horse, for sure.

Last edited:
Not good and a waste of money. Knf should be applied within 24 hours. After this time some undesired chemical reactions can take place ...also the reason for the ph fall. Baking soda will raise ph but isn’t good for microbes due to it’s antibacterial effects. It‘s up to you, pal, but I wouldn‘t ride this horse, for sure.
Oh yeah! I agree. Not a good thing.

Ya I’m not filling my reservoir up with it but at least I can not stress on the lil bit that tends to run thru soil and into reservoir when I topwater!

Ya I’m not filling my reservoir up with it but at least I can not stress on the lil bit that tends to run thru soil and into reservoir when I topwater!
Maybe.
A close monitoring of the conditions in the rez could be very informational. I think I'm going to monitor and log mine. Can never have too much info.

Maybe.
A close monitoring of the conditions in the rez could be very informational. I think I'm going to monitor and log mine. Can never have too much info.

I know it‘s not pretty but it shows perfectly what‘s happening down in the rez:
CDC2FF80-F16F-4ABD-AC46-46F10AB7D496.jpeg

Yeah, I thought about doing that and a drain too. I may add that just to know how much is in there. More info is always good.

I don‘t like to get into shallow waters but prefer to see what happens. Like to see how fast they drink and to observe eventual changes in the water. Besides ...no more messing around with water on the tent‘s floor :woohoo1:

I don‘t like to get into shallow waters but prefer to see what happens. Like to see how fast they drink and to observe eventual changes in the water. Besides ...no more messing around with water on the tent‘s floor :woohoo1:
I like it for the info! I'm just not gonna keep the rez full anymore. I can help eliminate a possible problem coming up and I just don't see a down side to letting it dry out. The level indicator gives the info ya lose without daily waterings.
I feel it's just one less thing I have to worry about and that's good in my book.

Back