Sick plant at 5 weeks old, help!

Reaction score
Problem: light green plant, leaf tips curling up and crispy, rust spots on leaves.

Medium/grow method: biobizz light mix soil, 5gallon smart fabric pot.

Feed: and supplements used: advanced nutrients ph perfect sensi grow and sensi bloom.

water source: tap water

Strain/age: ilgm white widow auto 36 days old.

light used: mars hydro ts1000, 18" above canopy, 18/6 schedule.

Climate: 79 degrees 35%r.h. daytime, 67 degrees night time.

Additional info: topped at 14 days old, didn't slow down at all. Lst'd a week later, started some light defoliation to open it up shortly after, a few leaves every other day. fed only water for first three weeks, then started with 2ml of sensi grow A and B, with 1.5liters of water. Fed twice a week, with plain water between each feeding. Raised the level of feed to 3ml for 2nd week of feeding, then switched to it's first feed of bloom nutes at 4ml a couple days ago. That seems to be when things went bad. Since week 4 when it was healthy and stretching it's been given 1.5liters of water every morning, then the next morning pot feels light, and soil seems dry first couple inches. Been basically following autobeasts how to grow a healthy auto guide to a T, other than he suggests watering 1.5 liters every morning, AND every night, so 3liters total water every day, and I've only been giving her 1.5 liters of water every morning, no water at night.
IMG_20201220_073309573_HDR~2.jpg
IMG_20201220_073252220.jpg
IMG_20201220_073125331_HDR.jpg
IMG_20201220_073123344_HDR.jpg
IMG_20201220_073121381.jpg
IMG_20201220_073114644_HDR.jpg
IMG_20201220_073112019_HDR.jpg
IMG_20201220_073105742_HDR.jpg
IMG_20201220_073102027.jpg
IMG_20201220_073029559_HDR.jpg

Nice structure! Try backing down some on the sensi bloom since the issue began when it was introduced. Maybe skip one feeding?

Nice structure! Try backing down some on the sensi bloom since the issue began when it was introduced. Maybe skip one feeding?
Thank you, it was doing amazingly well before this mishap. I will feed only water for a bit, going to try to feed more water at once, but less frequently, maybe 3liters a morning, and let it dry out a bit before watering again, and also gonna raise the humidity up closer to 50%rh and see what happens.

This is the biggest problem with pre-charged soils. When to start feeding and how much? You are feeding to much contributing to the lock-out but I think it may be your RH is too low and may have started this. You need to keep RH >40%<60% outside of these ranges the stomata begin to close and water stops transpiring through the plant. Without the water movement nutrient uptake stops and problems begin.

Get the RH in range and feed every 4th time at 50% strength until the plants recover. Then feed every 3rd time.

:goodluck:

This is the biggest problem with pre-charged soils. When to start feeding and how much? You are feeding to much contributing to the lock-out but I think it may be your RH is too low and may have started this. You need to keep RH >40%<60% outside of these ranges the stomata begin to close and water stops transpiring through the plant. Without the water movement nutrient uptake stops and problems begin.

Get the RH in range and feed every 4th time at 50% strength until the plants recover. Then feed every 3rd time.

Thank you, I will be doing all of this.

Do you suggest flushing it or just give her a few water only days and see how she looks?

Flushing is always a last ditch resort when in soil. It is a regular part of hydro. Just water with PHed water to ~10%-15% run-off when you do water.

Do you suggest flushing it or just give her a few water only days and see how she looks?
You need a ppm/ec meter to correctly flush and to resolve over feeding issues. I would say this meter is a must have and must use for new growers, or growers with issues. You need to know the ppms/ec of your tap water and what is already in it prior to adding nutrients. Then you need to know the ppms/ec of your water once nutrients have been added.. Unfortunately there is no way to see improvement at this point. The plant stopped making leaves weeks ago.. You can only try to stop it from spreading any further. My advice for your next grow is to not increase the feeds just to do it, or because a chart says to. Only increase feeds when the plant shows signs of wanting more (which is rare for autos). Also, post or ask questions at the FIRST sign of leaf discoloration or tip burn. That issue has been there for a while, maybe just not noticed soon enough.

I was under the impression that Biobizz light wasn’t pre charged, good to know!!

Back