Lighting SHOULD I GET A HGL QUANTUM BOARD??

ZKJ

"Safety first,then teamwork"
Reaction score
Hey im thinking of upgrading my led light for the summer months.
My current led light is a mars hydro 600w panel,here:
400-watt-panels-mars-hydro-reflector-192-5_600x.jpeg
51pc6gj1RgL.jpg

I was thinking of getting this "800w"
Cob light off amazon,its quite cheap and has good reviews, here:
Screenshot_20190428-121632_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20190428-121642_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20190428-121652_Chrome.jpg

And heres abit of the reviews:
Screenshot_20190428-121718_Chrome.jpg

It would only be like £135 and is apparently built well,one matey says he had the lenses under a 120x magnifier to check for inclusions but was none. So he went over it closely lol
There was 32 in stock like a week ago n now theres 10.

But then what im thinking is ive only used the mars hydro on shitty cheap seeds so not sure what it can really do with good genetics,like dutch passion.
Next im doing glueberry og.

So thought should i try the mars or buy the hipagreo or what ever its called.
But now im thinking if im going to spend any more money on a light i want to make sure i spend it wisely.
Now im thinking about a HGL 260w kit instead? Here:
Screenshot_20190428-122345_Chrome.jpg
20190428_122617.jpg
20190428_122550.jpg
Screenshot_20190428-122529_Chrome.jpg

And as you can see its on sale from £269 all the way down to £269.

But im thinking i was going to spend like £135 on the cheap light im not sure of. So the hgl would be only another £135.
And i could list the mars on ebay and maybe get a oner back (£100)

My tent size is 80x80cm (biggest i can have for now)
Ive done 4,3 and now im going to do 2 plants.
My main goal is one big plant in coco or dwc. Do you think the hgl is suitable?
It says the flowering footprint is 80x80cm

So if anyone can give me there opinions i would appreciate it
Cheers :cheers::smokeit:

I vote the HLG but go with the 4K if you can. The 3k needs more blue with those chips.

Lots of info here on site but you get what you pay for.

The glueberry can get really big. I had two go 5/6 zips and one go 100 plus days at 8 zips. Be ready

Reactions: ZKJ
I vote the HLG but go with the 4K if you can. The 3k needs more blue with those chips.

The glueberry can get really big. I had two go 5/6 zips and one go 100 plus days at 8 zips. Be ready

How importat is blue light in autos,??
I have a feeling that my 3k cobs do much better job in flowering than my 3500k cobs.

Go with the Quantum board at 3K. I have the Samsung LM 301B on my lights. THESE are the best out there. QB are hard to stay in stock. BUY it when you have the $$ and you will never be sorry. This is an investment in your grow. This will last you 10 years or more.

Stop thinking and be a peace. QB 288 (version) V2
Hey im thinking of upgrading my led light for the summer months.
My current led light is a mars hydro 600w panel,here:
View attachment 1052106 View attachment 1052107

I was thinking of getting this "800w"
Cob light off amazon,its quite cheap and has good reviews, here:
View attachment 1052111 View attachment 1052110 View attachment 1052109

And heres abit of the reviews:
View attachment 1052108

It would only be like £135 and is apparently built well,one matey says he had the lenses under a 120x magnifier to check for inclusions but was none. So he went over it closely lol
There was 32 in stock like a week ago n now theres 10.

But then what im thinking is ive only used the mars hydro on shitty cheap seeds so not sure what it can really do with good genetics,like dutch passion.
Next im doing glueberry og.

So thought should i try the mars or buy the hipagreo or what ever its called.
But now im thinking if im going to spend any more money on a light i want to make sure i spend it wisely.
Now im thinking about a HGL 260w kit instead? Here:
View attachment 1052112 View attachment 1052113 View attachment 1052114 View attachment 1052115

And as you can see its on sale from £269 all the way down to £269.

But im thinking i was going to spend like £135 on the cheap light im not sure of. So the hgl would be only another £135.
And i could list the mars on ebay and maybe get a oner back (£100)

My tent size is 80x80cm (biggest i can have for now)
Ive done 4,3 and now im going to do 2 plants.
My main goal is one big plant in coco or dwc. Do you think the hgl is suitable?
It says the flowering footprint is 80x80cm

So if anyone can give me there opinions i would appreciate it
Cheers :cheers::smokeit:

Last edited:
How importat is blue light in autos,??
I have a feeling that my 3k cobs do much better job in flowering than my 3500k cobs.

What brand COB

Good question
But looking at the spectrum graphs above you can see that the 4K has the same and more light than the 3k so going on that alone I made an educated guess that more spectrum was better and went with 4K when I ordered QBs, and 3500 was out of stock.

3k, 3500,4K is not the same across all manufactured LEDs so make sure you look at the spectrum associated with whatever brand you are buying. Most people buy the 3k to get the red for flowering but with these chips (V2) the 4k had the same amount of red AND the added spike in blue. If the chips were something else I’d give different advice. If you go with Cobs the citi and Cree in 3500k are awesome spectrums but the Citi I believe has an advantage. Haven’t looked in a bit.

Just my 2 cents

FB

Thanks man,i need to do abit more homework on lumens and stuff like that.
And thats good then,i done think different the last couple times.
One thing though, whats zips?

Go with the Quantum board at 3K. I have the Samsung LM 301B on my lights. THESE are the best out there. QB are hard to stay in stock. BUY it when you have the $$ and you will never be sorry. This is an investment in your grow. This will last you 10 years or more.

Stop thinking and be a peace. QB 260 (version) V2
Haha i noticed i said thinking alot.
And thats why i thought to spend abit more now and get something good.i dont want piles of old led lights i dont use lol
Is the 260 v2 the one i showed?

I think Zips is what the young guys call Ounces. But I’m an old guy just trying to not look to old here.

Lots of good info in the QB thread. Read through that if you have time. Regardless what spectrum you choose the QBs will give you a superior light to most and at a great price.

What brand COB

Good question
But looking at the spectrum graphs above you can see that the 4K has the same and more light than the 3k so going on that alone I made an educated guess that more spectrum was better and went with 4K when I ordered QBs, and 3500 was out of stock.

3k, 3500,4K is not the same across all manufactured LEDs so make sure you look at the spectrum associated with whatever brand you are buying. Most people buy the 3k to get the red for flowering but with these chips (V2) the 4k had the same amount of red AND the added spike in blue. If the chips were something else I’d give different advice. If you go with Cobs the citi and Cree in 3500k are awesome spectrums but the Citi I believe has an advantage. Haven’t looked in a bit.

Just my 2 cents

FB

I have 3070 3000k cobs and, 3500k 048 1212 citizen cobs, and now I cant google/find their spectar..

Back