Outdoor Self Sustaining Guerilla Chaze

terracotta planters have a natural "wicking" of water when planted in the ground. So if the soil inside the planter is dry it will wick water into it, i almost thought of having a terracotta planter in a bucket of water and refill the larger bucket every few weeks. ..i suppose that would be a self watering system....though i dont know if it would drown the roots from the constant supply and "wicking" of water

That would probably keep the roots too wet and prevent oxygen reaching them. They like to dry out between waterings.

terracotta planters have a natural "wicking" of water when planted in the ground. So if the soil inside the planter is dry it will wick water into it, i almost thought of having a terracotta planter in a bucket of water and refill the larger bucket every few weeks. ..i suppose that would be a self watering system....though i dont know if it would drown the roots from the constant supply and "wicking" of water

a better wicking method is a few pieces od hemp rope (or anything super fibrous that will carry water) submerged in your nute water... and then run into your pot... about 6-12 inches above the resevoir bucket....

like muddy says... they prefer a dryout between waterings... but as far as maintenance free... wicking works...

I have another method i use for starts for guerilla grows... a bin with 32 oz cups with starts in it... the bin gets about 1/2" water in the bottom so i can be gone a week or so between checkups when i have to..
:toke:

hope this helps

a better wicking method is a few pieces od hemp rope (or anything super fibrous that will carry water) submerged in your nute water... and then run into your pot... about 6-12 inches above the resevoir bucket....

like muddy says... they prefer a dryout between waterings... but as far as maintenance free... wicking works...

I have another method i use for starts for guerilla grows... a bin with 32 oz cups with starts in it... the bin gets about 1/2" water in the bottom so i can be gone a week or so between checkups when i have to..
:toke:

hope this helps

yeaa i figured. I wonder if a very slow drip system would work. Wouldn't be too wet or too dry.

I'll probably be by the site once a week.

I'm just super syked about the chaze. Gonna try for a 15 gallon grow bag or perhaps an 18 gallon tote? If i recall correctly stankos chaze was in a 4 gallon container and he yielded 19 oz dry off of one chaze. I figure with some nice lst, nutes, and soil i could have a pretty nice nd rewarding grow ;)

Hi,
I am a Guerilla grower myself and i have a few different techniques i use to 'self water' my plants as they are in a remote location and i need to be able to leave them.

I use a 280 litre wheelie bin with a tap on the bottom. I connect a timer and irrigation line to the bin and away you go

Tap_0020_Bin.jpg

I also use a 100-150 litre water tank that i connect a battery powered pump to the tank which also feeds my babies. Although you have to fill up the tank and hauling water into the woods is not fun :no:
If you want to find out more about this option, check out my post:
https://www.autoflower.org/f6/aussie-guerilla-watering-solution-5793.html

What that, The bin or battery powered timer? As you can easily make a replica of the bin...

What that, The bin or battery powered timer? As you can easily make a replica of the bin...

the battery powered timer. What kind of battery does it use? It just looks like a nice setup

Back