That the term for leaf buds?
One of the symptoms i guess youd call it. I dont know ish about autos, by in photos, its a common sign of polyploidism, which can be hugely beneficial in terms of yield and potency. Im pretty sure its classed as a mutation, i know there are breeders trying to lock down polyploidism, so far unsuccessful as of any info i have come across. But can have all kinds of effects on the plant. Not necessarily huge yields, or more resin production, but can give you double or triple tops and other weird happenings. But like i said i dont know if that is a sign of polyploidism on autos. Theres alot of good articles if you google it.

One of the symptoms i guess youd call it. I dont know ish about autos, by in photos, its a common sign of polyploidism, which can be hugely beneficial in terms of yield and potency. Im pretty sure its classed as a mutation, i know there are breeders trying to lock down polyploidism, so far unsuccessful as of any info i have come across. But can have all kinds of effects on the plant. Not necessarily huge yields, or more resin production, but can give you double or triple tops and other weird happenings. But like i said i dont know if that is a sign of polyploidism on autos. Theres alot of good articles if you google it.
I seem some stuff on it. Cannabis lifestyle tv. Had a clone or something of one and was talking about how it could be the future. Dont think he was to impressed if I remember correctly. Dont know much else about it. I have heard if you give your plant say to much kelp or growth hormones you can cause it to do things like that or mutate. But with this one thats not possible cause I dont think I gave it much if any kelp. Its was predetermined to do it. Or something else in the environment cause it to mutate. The kelp thing is just what I heard. I have no proof. Could be bro science.

I think in this case this is just a genetic trait that pops out. Have seen it several times across different genetic lineages myself during the years.
And yes, you can stress a plant to mutate, with environmental stresses or hormones, but this seems more like a natural thing. Jesus leaves :angel: never heard that term before @Sawney_bean I was simply calling them leafbuds but I like yours more haha :rofl:

Polyploids, triploids or tetraploids are definitely point of interest for many of todays cannabis seed breeders/sellers. For the potential benefits and the fact that they remain sterile, so if you have that locked in no-one can reproduce it. We have been doing research for years on end already and we might have something in the pipelines in the near future, but its still all pretty unsure. Personally I think we should keep it as close to nature as possible. But in retrospect its what we have been doing with agriculture for years and many of todays food has been manipulated or steered into a certain direction by human design, it was only a matter of time that cannabis would follow, especially now legalisation is happening more and more across the globe.

Nice looking Broomstick @Shugrows btw :headbang:

Back