Beautiful plants in there! What is your watering process like with what looks like 9 pots of soil? I remember hand-watering 3.5 gallon soil pots and it took almost half an hour each in veg/flowering per day and I wasn't adequately watering them in hindsight :oops1:
Only takes a few minutes to water them with a small watering can . Easy .
The big tent has 16 soil pots and if I take them all out to water them it takes about 20 min .

Hey guys, please give me some instructions.
I've seen all of your bushes had almost no leaves on it. Mine always had a lot of leaves. What am I doing wrong? I do defoliation of course but I'm really scared to cut a bunch of leaves. When do you guys start defoliating and how frequently?

Thanks for your answers.
Cheers!

Last edited:
Only takes a few minutes to water them with a small watering can . Easy .
The big tent has 16 soil pots and if I take them all out to water them it takes about 20 min .
Hmmm, interesting Sawney...what am I not understanding? How are you getting away with watering soil fast by hand...I always had to use a pump sprayer because fast with a can usually meant too much runoff too quick, inadequate saturation, possible dry pockets, etc.; these issues being in addition to 1 watering a day in small pots being insufficient for thirsty veg/flowering plants?

You make it sound like you're just dumping water in and walking away, which is what I do with SIP reservoirs and the whole reason I switched from normal pots/bags...watering issues and the significant time involved:pass:

Hey guys, please give me some instructions.
I've seen all of your bushes had almost no leaves on it. Mine always had a lot of leaves. What am I doing wrong? I do defoliation of course but I'm really scared to cut a bunch of leaves. When do you guys start defoliating and how frequently?

Thanks for your answers.
Cheers!
Do you have a grow thread with details and pictures? You'll get a lot of situation dependent answers as there are different reasons for if/how/when/how much folks prune/train :smokeout:

Hmmm, interesting Sawney...what am I not understanding? How are you getting away with watering soil fast by hand...I always had to use a pump sprayer because fast with a can usually meant too much runoff too quick, inadequate saturation, possible dry pockets, etc.; these issues being in addition to 1 watering a day in small pots being insufficient for thirsty veg/flowering plants?

You make it sound like you're just dumping water in and walking away, which is what I do with SIP reservoirs and the whole reason I switched from normal pots/bags...watering issues and the significant time involved:pass:
Yeah, I can't do fast with my open pot and bags. I add a surfactant in all the water and feed and I Slowly and methodically spray on top.. I finish off and complete the watering with bottom watering in the tray. I do rely on muscle memory to know when I can finish off with bottom watering. I gage the bottom watering by how quickly it is absorbed.
That method doesn't work all that well when you have big pots with no handles. My 20 gallon Grassroots Living Earth bags in this grow showed that!:face:They are definitely a different animal than fabric pots or Rain Science. I don't know if I'll use them again before getting my groove room built in my shop, but I think when I do I'm just going to get one of those moisture meters installed in the pot. That way I can just look at the number and make a decision from there!:biggrin::eyebrows::haha:

When I remove them from the tent I put them in a bath and water with a shower head for aerated water for extra oxygen to the roots. After a good soak I just top it up with the watering can replacing what it's used in 24hr.
I give them a soak twice a week .
I don't water much when the plants are going through the seedling stage.
As soon as the roots are well established that's when I soak them .

Back