SANLight Martin interview Live Stoners 18th August 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
:cheers: Cheers Martin, you'll find us to be a fun and engaging lot,....:biggrin:.... Ah, thank you, I'll have to get our LED fiend Arty-Z' here to break that down for me (us) later,... :coffee::poof: :haha:
watch out for that Gauge Steel guy.

We have a good IG presence and its growing...

one other quick question, highly unlikely, but do you ship to Australia? lol

At S4W, S2W we are using meanwells hlg. The M30 has a Recom Driver.

Thanks man, and here comes the next question :

I looked in every datasheet i could find on the website and i always read that the protection rating of the LED-module's are always safe against pieces with minimum size of 1mm but not against any type of water.
Now my question is, is the reason for not putting a type of protection to the LED-module ( must be a type of case or lense that makes the module waterproof ) because of losing PPF in total?
If yes, would it be that much you would lose for the extra security, if yes how much?
If no, whats the reason for not implementing protection against water? The weight? The extra cost? Or just no need?

I am asking because in my imagination in a greenhouse you have a higher average room humidity than outside or in your living room.

hi and welcome martin, i am interested in the tech behind your lights, can you share some info on what leds you are using? have your team done any tests for PPFD output etc? any tech specs you can give would be great for us growers!

edit: i see you have basically answered my question already! thanks for the datasheet. very impressive.
We are doing PPF measurments and PPFD measruents. The PPF values Can be found in our datasheets. At the Moment we are working on a PPFD Plot overview. You will find the first plots on www.sanlight.info

@SANlight Martin !! welcome,
which of you lights would you recommend for a horizontal stacked verticle system, for cloning

@SANlight Martin !! welcome,
which of you lights would you recommend for a horizontal stacked verticle system, for cloning
I would recommend the FLEX Series. These lamps are specially made for cloning in Multilayer systems. The light spectrum has a nice FarRed/Red Ratio, which helps at the rooting process.

I like the look of your S4W, S2W and the coverage is perfect for most tent's and room growers alike.

@TheMongol ...I love your avatar!! Its quite fitting.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back