Fair priced is debatable, but there are some nice options coming availble for "ready to go" presses. Was just looking around today and found one that if I had better income right now I'd be strongly considering. New Vape makes plates to use with pnumatic presses that are heated using enail coils, and have started offering a complete kit that's suppose to have everything ready to go. Even ships to ya' in the little crate that serves double duty as a little rolling workstation for the press. :smoking:

Bad news....they want $2400.00 for it. YIKES!!! (like I said...fair priced is debatable)
full-station.jpg

Last edited:
Enjoy guys! Be prepared for the tastiest dab of your life.

Here we have your Average cheap Hair straighter. Im using my wifes so no purchase necessary she said it was approx $25usd

dc3ccf34692ad072c092bc7294314243.jpg

This particular Straightener has heat settings and this is good as you want to stay between 360-400 degrees F.

a8b380863d6316bb766c4b13256e0d77.jpg

You want nice little .4-.6 nuggets for this batch i used some 24c x ccb by Mephisto Genetics. You dont want to do bigger nugs then that weight and nice and dry guys so you can hear the Magic happen. Youl understand soon.

fb29adeddca97f766fa39228ae1ecdb7.jpg

Now that we have out Hair Straightener pre heated and our buds broken down to a deseired weight its time for our patchament paper. This will be used to be folded around the bud and collect the wax when pressed.

463817be101d718dd361757afaef01d7.jpg

Now we have our .5 gram bud placed between our parchment paper taco. Its now ready to be Heat pressed. Yes thats right guys im going to make wax thats solvent free with my wifes Hair Straightener. I wear a oven mit on my hand im pressing as it does get hot your third or forth nug in. So simply press the bud hard with as much pressure as you can using the hair straightener. Youl hear tbe magic i spoke of earlier. Itll be a sizzle press like your life defended on it for 4-6 seconds and quickly dump you bud from the parchment paper. Youl be left with this golden solvent free pure heat pressed wax.

99cd5b0f174bf16d1e3d2d6aed304b82.jpg

fff9e3f5279af99516f587f0edca588c.jpg

Just wanted to clarify this parchment paper taco. Buds between the folded patchament paper that then gets the press to the paper. Use a table or counter to hold the hair straightener flat and allow you to get a hard firm press

fc22d80cc867905c5e852f64c9a7e38f.jpg

baf2168770c5e2aa149a418ca17a4534.jpg

Make sure to collect the wax AFTER EVERY press. You dont want to press your weed into wax.

The 4-6 second sizzle will leave this on both side's of the parchment paper. I simply scrape this off with my dabber or a razor balde if im doing bigger runs or want a big dab. I did 2 grams and got two nice dabs for me and my buddy. Yield isnt huge but its very quick and very very tasy guys.

Guys you can even press the Nugs a second time I did this and still squeezed some wax out of them.

and for all of you who don't have set ups to dab layer it in a bowl with some flowers.

ee78d68505a5e73ea27da70aa80edda1.jpg

553a3f872d207a726dbee45b1add002e.jpg

48d00ac72a8938f89e3b1dc229b712fc.jpg

c9a0f5db8aece87f933a570c93879670.jpg

Cheers guys!

a95828d8087672a319b0a236125c6f44.jpg

45dafe68a9d67d398d69daa8e761150a.jpg

Ok guys heres what the buds look like After i have Pressed them once let colled for a min the pressed again.

My first press time varies from 4-9 seconds
My second press i do 10 seconds. Yes guys you can press twice.

I then discard of the buds in the Trash as most THC is Removed.

c1668381a156f4a5143f9f5c9afbd05d.jpg

5a72da95dda018f5743e7aefae1339c1.jpg

27fd083c0c205f72371d72862239a924.jpg
After I press mine, I add them in my pot to make canna butter for edibles to get anything that's left out of them

Fair priced is debatable, but there are some nice options coming availble for "ready to go" presses. Was just looking around today and found one that if I had better income right now I'd be strongly considering. New Vape makes plates to use with pnumatic presses that are heated using enail coils, and have started offering a complete kit that's suppose to have everything ready to go. Even ships to ya' in the little crate that serves double duty as a little rolling workstation for the press. :smoking:

Bad news....they want $2400.00 for it. YIKES!!! (like I said...fair priced is debatable)
full-station.jpg
Your right lol fair priced is very debatable .. yeah the last time I looked around the prices we're up there.. I just figure you'll see the price scale down before long

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Decided that rosin pressing sounds like the way to go for what to do with all the flower I'm accumulating from growing. Didn't really like the cheapo hair straightener I tried previously, but it did work well enough to at least know that I like the method.

So after reading most of this thread, reading up on several diferent presses on the market, looking around at videos, etc... I decided to pull the trigger and ordered the 6 Ton press kit from NewVape this morning.

6_ton.jpg

Will get some unboxing shots and maybe even try to do a little review vid once everything shows up. This should be fun!!!! WOO HOOO!!!!! :woody:

Decided that rosin pressing sounds like the way to go for what to do with all the flower I'm accumulating from growing. Didn't really like the cheapo hair straightener I tried previously, but it did work well enough to at least know that I like the method.

So after reading most of this thread, reading up on several diferent presses on the market, looking around at videos, etc... I decided to pull the trigger and ordered the 6 Ton press kit from NewVape this morning.

6_ton.jpg

Will get some unboxing shots and maybe even try to do a little review vid once everything shows up. This should be fun!!!! WOO HOOO!!!!! :woody:
Holy shit things getting serious here!!! Good effort [emoji16]

Couple quick shares.

This vid is one that helped me decided between the "hand clamped", T-shirt style presses and the bottle jack, hydrylauc or pneumatic style presses. They compare one from D-Nail and Hard Press and while the Hard Press with the bags is a lot more work, the yield compared to the other seems worth it. For what it's worth, though, I believe you can use the bags in the t-shirt style or not use them in the Hard Press and the press will still work and make oil. The bags mostly help filter out any plant material. But the difference in pressure from everything I've read seems to make a big difference.

And this one's just for fun. Kind of making fun of the little portable hand presses. :smoking:

hey guys been a minute for those who rem me and for those who dont ive got some old post of some ice wax i used to do on here as well as a few grows. I wanted to share with you guys my press i see alot of press talk here and thought this might be helpful to someone. for my setup i bought a 12 ton press from harbor freight for about 120 dollars then i found this company called lowtemp plates with great customer service and amazing looking instagram pics of there products so i decided to give them a try for heated my heated plates. heres a link to there instagram if anyone wants to check out some amazing rosin pics made with ther plates https://www.instagram.com/lowtemp_plates/ sry if this violates for the site by posting a link if it does feel free to remove. so anyone bought there 5x3 set to put on the press and man let me tell u it works amazing super easy setup 5 min heat up time just awesome . so all together the setup cost me about 540 us dollars great deal. here are a few pics of the press and a pic of some rosin i did

Attachments

• IMG_2458.JPG
    IMG_2458.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_2459.JPG
    IMG_2459.JPG
    106 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_2466.JPG
    IMG_2466.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 311
  • IMAG0384.jpg
    IMAG0384.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 294
  • IMAG0386.jpg
    IMAG0386.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 293
  • IMAG0458.jpg
    IMAG0458.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 295
  • IMAG0475.jpg
    IMAG0475.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 288
  • IMAG0462.jpg
    IMAG0462.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 286
  • IMAG0461.jpg
    IMAG0461.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 292
hey guys been a minute for those who rem me and for those who dont ive got some old post of some ice wax i used to do on here as well as a few grows. I wanted to share with you guys my press i see alot of press talk here and thought this might be helpful to someone. for my setup i bought a 12 ton press from harbor freight for about 120 dollars then i found this company called lowtemp plates with great customer service and amazing looking instagram pics of there products so i decided to give them a try for heated my heated plates. heres a link to there instagram if anyone wants to check out some amazing rosin pics made with ther plates https://www.instagram.com/lowtemp_plates/ sry if this violates for the site by posting a link if it does feel free to remove. so anyone bought there 5x3 set to put on the press and man let me tell u it works amazing super easy setup 5 min heat up time just awesome . so all together the setup cost me about 540 us dollars great deal. here are a few pics of the press and a pic of some rosin i did
nice man! and glad to see your still around!

Back