I tried doing this with my wife's hair straightener a couple weeks ago. Durban poison. Failed.
I tried again this morning with Jack Herer. Failed.
I tried @ 305f, up to 360f. nothing. I get a whiff of that vape like smell, but no rosin. Hmmmm, any clue what I'm doing wrong?
I also tried and failed I believe my problem is not enough pressure so I'm off to the garage got tools I can use:smoking:

Squeeze it til you think it's gonna break!You will be able to tell. My iron is set on 4 and that puts me at 220*+ or - 2-4 degrees. Every iron is different and you can get them at thrift stores on the cheap! A infrered temp gun is priceless!!
A infrared gun is a great piece of gear when growing would have never knew learned it from all of you!

That's all they are, modded shirt presses. The older style withdigital nothing.... would be perfect. Shouldn't have loaned mine 20 years ago........lol!

Was thinking same thing lot cheaper then a resin press!

I really hope Im not breaking any rules linking to ebay items, just pm me or remove lt if so.

Can this tshirt press work for making rosin along with some clamps? Seems like a Great deal to me. 12"x10", LCD, 0-400C and a timer
http://www.ebay.com/itm/222208287630

I'd suggest staying away from t-shirt presses.
Not enough pressure over too wide a surface area results in poor pressings.
All commercial press plates are much smaller for a reason.:cheers:

Hi guys i was just making a bit and watching this vid when this thread came up on the side bar thingy..might be of some use to you guys ..;)

I'm skeptical because of the price but.... Might be worth a shot!

I really hope Im not breaking any rules linking to ebay items, just pm me or remove lt if so.

Can this tshirt press work for making rosin along with some clamps? Seems like a Great deal to me. 12"x10", LCD, 0-400C and a timer
http://www.ebay.com/itm/222208287630

that press is a scam. he has had only 2 sales in a year. 18 since 2003 but he just sold 59 of these presses?? Too good to be true....

Back