Rooting a Salvia Divinorum cutting?

Wienerwoods

Be afraid. Be very afraid.
Reaction score
I just received two Salvia cuttings and figured I'd ask if anyone here has any advice/tips when it comes to rooting these babies.

I have already provided high humidity and water with a few drops of hydrogen peroxide to fend off rot and whatnot. Do they need anything else?

I don't want to screw this up :fire:

I'm gonna tag along for the ride if you dont mind. This looks very interesting.

Your the leader on this one.... good luck! :Sharing One:

Iv moved this to the farmacy, It's better suited there.

Man, I wish I could help... I've smoked lots, but never grew any. I've always wanted to though.. I'm interested in seeing how this works out for yah!

Iv moved this to the farmacy, It's better suited there.

Thanks! I wasn't sure where to make it..

Man, I wish I could help... I've smoked lots, but never grew any. I've always wanted to though.. I'm interested in seeing how this works out for yah!

I've wanted to grow this for some time as well, but never actually got around to obtaining cuttings up until now. I'll probably attempt to get some seeds even though I'd have to be extremely lucky.

You say you've smoked lots - any tips on how to keep the trip from going bad? I'm looking for an 'enlightening' experience but all I can find online are jackasses who did it just for the laughs they never got...

Salvia huh? I've got some in my possession right now in fact... (well not right NOW, but at home!)

Have you never smoked it? Salvia is crazy man. It's short lived but trippy as hell. Be comfortable, in a good peaceful state of mind. Have a sitter. When smoking keep the flame going (it likes to be burnt VERY hot for best results). Hold it for about 20 seconds... Then communicate with the "Salvia Beings".

Good luck on the grow. I'd like to grow it myself, but there is not much info on cultivation. From what I've read the plants live for years and years and have a long growing period. I never did come up with a conclusion of when the plant develops the trichomes on it's leaves to the point where you can start harvesting them. (Like-- how long do I have to grow Salvia Divinorum until I can harvest some leaves?)

Ohhh man.

I could try to tell you about the things I've seen, done, and "places" I've been to, but id be trying (and failing) to explain for the rest of existence.

I have been to some magical places, but some unimaginably frightening ones as well. Though out my years of experiences, if definitely come up with some very strict "rules" for myself.

I'll shoot you a pm later on when I have some time for brain thinking and such :Sharing One:

Salvia huh? I've got some in my possession right now in fact... (well not right NOW, but at home!)

Have you never smoked it? Salvia is crazy man. It's short lived but trippy as hell. Be comfortable, in a good peaceful state of mind. Have a sitter. When smoking keep the flame going (it likes to be burnt VERY hot for best results). Hold it for about 20 seconds... Then communicate with the "Salvia Beings".

Good luck on the grow. I'd like to grow it myself, but there is not much info on cultivation. From what I've read the plants live for years and years and have a long growing period. I never did come up with a conclusion of when the plant develops the trichomes on it's leaves to the point where you can start harvesting them. (Like-- how long do I have to grow Salvia Divinorum until I can harvest some leaves?)

I'm pretty sure you can harvest any leaves at any point of the growth, they all contain salvinorin. I've never really seen any real confirmation for that, though.

Thanks for the tips!

I'm pretty sure you can harvest any leaves at any point of the growth, they all contain salvinorin. I've never really seen any real confirmation for that, though.

Thanks for the tips!

Hmm. Well, salvia develops trichomes, like cannabis, and that is where Salvinorin A (the active chemical in Salvia) is produced. At which point they develop those, and at which point the chemical is present, are beyond my scope of knowledge at this time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvia_divinorum#Chemistry

Was looking for a close up of the leaves to show trichomes but can't find one. Will update if/when I do.

This video shows the trichomes at 4:24

[video=youtube;VSloUcHwfLA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSloUcHwfLA[/video]

Last edited:
Back