Indoor Rifleman's Roost, an Autoflower Deep Water Culture Experience !!!

Day 15 for the shotglass, and day 16 for the bucket girls. The bucket autos finally have roots through the basket. I suspect they will improve over the next week or so. Hopefully. :shrug: I leave for vacation Saturday and everything goes into timer mode. With luck it will all still be here when I get back.

20160510_173614.jpg
20160510_173707.jpg
20160510_173711.jpg

Hey Rife,
How you liking that Mars II 1200? I've got my eye on one, but have also that about buying (4) 300's from there ebay store. My thought being I may get a little better coverage with more, smaller lights. On the other hand, I'm a lazy dude, and will probably go with one light to mess with.....:snooze::bong:

Hey Rife,
How you liking that Mars II 1200? I've got my eye on one, but have also that about buying (4) 300's from there ebay store. My thought being I may get a little better coverage with more, smaller lights. On the other hand, I'm a lazy dude, and will probably go with one light to mess with.....:snooze::bong:

It's a good light, but I started with a 1000w hps in a Raptor hood so coverage is something I feel like it lacks. Four smaller ones positioned perfectly would be a better choice IMO, but I'm a lazy grower so one light permanently fixed in place works best for me. :haha:

Hey Rife,
Hey Frank..maybe look at 3 of the Mars II 400's instead of 4 of the 300's... Not sure how the price would work out but I think you'd get better coverage and stuff that way. Just my opinion for whatever it's worth.

And ignore the "1200" it's a 550w light and replaces a 600w HPS(for most people). That's where most go wrong when replacing hps with low efficiency mono panels. You need about a watt for watt equivelance at these efficiencies.

Go with the 4 lights, better spread will perform better, they're the same cheap diodes and even the same led drivers, just ones painted black and sold at a premium.

I keep one of these handy to point out the poor spread of these things. You can see at the corners of a 2'x2' it's too low light level to flower under. This light is more appropriate for a 3'x3' space and should be hung at 30" high for even coverage.

1200w.jpg

they're the same cheap diodes and even the same led drivers, just ones painted black and sold at a premium.
Thanks for this info. That was the other question I had (difference in ebay vs. direct models).

Honestly, I like the idea of having more than one light for the plain and simple reason that when one stops working (eventually) I can still continue my grow.

maybe look at 3 of the Mars II 400's
Also not a bad idea, thanks Dcat!

You need about a watt for watt equivelance at these efficiencies.
So, taking this into account, should I look at (4) 275W (true wattage), or (4) 140W?

Just to be clear.....I may be over thinking this!:haha:

I'm looking at the 4x4 tent from Mars. Budget is somewhat flexible, but would like to be in the 400-500 dollar range.

Back