Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I'm in and out all the time, not blowing anyone off. With limited head height I wouldn't use reflectors at all. Cobs are directional as it is. The bjb holder does add a little direction as well.

The basics of cobs is simple. If you plan on building a light it's better to learn the basics before getting started rather than just copying. There are plenty of guys out there that have just copied without understanding and they are always back asking questions why something didn't work.

This is my first connect so you weren't putting me off.
I based it on your headroom comment but this explains it. None rather than any. Got it. Back then I did my homework on what I wanted based on the sinks available and was looking at a different concept. I like your single, no fan models better. I'm too much of a picture whore for a scrog. Can I do this with yours without dimming and if I have to dim, what does it add to the price.of an assembled unit and is it even worth doing versus my existing LED.? I'll knock down a cola in a heart beat once I shoot it, even early but if you say I just don't have enough overall room to keep from cooking them at a power that gives me more than my 144x3w MH LED., I'll bow to your expertise look at plan b. That said, I'm going to read the results in the forum that will probably answer most of my remaining questions, then get back to you with a plan. thank you

Some pink pistils on my spring grow Mandala Safari indica pheno lady:

20170501 Mandala Safari - Day 50 (1).jpg
20170501 Mandala Safari - Day 50 (3).jpg
20170501 Mandala Safari - Day 50 (2).jpg

She's at day 50 today. 21 days veg, now just passed 4 weeks flowering.
Her sister is a sativa pheno. Much leggier and less developed.
The "Safari mix" is a bunch of experimental crosses from Mandala,
so they varying a lot in any batch.

Some pink pistils on my spring grow Mandala Safari indica pheno lady:

View attachment 742765 View attachment 742764 View attachment 742763
She's at day 50 today. 21 days veg, now just passed 4 weeks flowering.
Her sister is a sativa pheno. Much leggier and less developed.
The "Safari mix" is a bunch of experimental crosses from Mandala,
so they varying a lot in any batch.

It will be my magnum opus to isolate the pink pistil trait and stabilize it to create a family of pink weed. It's going to be super pretty!

Genotype, yes. And prob some environmental factors to bring out the phenotype.
its not always environment that brings out phenotype However there are certain triggers that can. Cold temps like to lock out P and that can give us the purple we see in some plants. There are other factors too but cold temps seem to be biggest trigger for purple. Now as far as the pistils im am not sure if or what the triggers are because ive not been able to simulate it. Id almost say that its genotype for sure bringing that out. Thats a hard one to just make happen

Genotype, yes. And prob some environmental factors to bring out the phenotype.
There was some conversation somewhere, about using ice to encourage purpling strains. Was that with you @Maria Sanchez? I was wondering how it worked for him.

I am super grateful this day is winding down. I pretty much spent the whole day defunking a rodent fouled washing machine.

Vinegar, oxiclean, baking soda, bleach, and scrubbing/rinsing didn't work The pH down worked! 5 tablspn of that stuff to about 5 gallons water will kill anything. I finally got it smelling fresh, delivered, and got paid. I got roped into installing it for her for 50 bucks more. I'm bloody wiped out man. that took ten hours today, and 4 or 5 two days ago. Sheesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back