Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok.....
This makes about 20-25 wings, if you start with a "family pack" from the store. Its cheaper to get whole wings and cut them down yourself. If you need help, let me know.
preheat the oven to 475 degrees Fahrenheit, oven rack placed in the lower-middle position. You can do as many pans of wings that will fit in your oven...just rotate them.
prepare a large cooking sheet, covered with foil, with a rack (I use a "cooling" rack similar to this...View attachment 744308) spray with non stick cooking spray liberally.
As you place the wings, dry each one off with a paper towel good. Apply salt to the wings, and let sit for 20 minutes before being put in the oven. Its ok if the wings touch a little on the rack, they will shrink while cooking.
Bake for approximatly 35 minutes on the first side....there will be smoke, but its ok (always sets off my fire alarm). The wings should be a dark golden color....flip the wings over at this point.(I start checking them at the 25 minute mark)
Bake for another 25 minutes on the second side....the wings will be done when this side is golden brown. (I start checking at the 15 minute mark)
Remove, and toss in the sauce.

Sauce:
1 Tablespoon salted butter
1 cup Franks Red hot (not the wing sauce, the original)
1Teaspoon molasses
Heat in a sauce pan to combine.

The idea behind this recipe was to utilize the abundance of fat stored in the chicken skin, to "fry" the wings in the oven.

Let me know if you have questions. :d5: FYI....if you get the tiny wings, which happens sometime, cooking times will be slightly less....its a judgement call.
wish I had a pile in front of me right now. waiting for ducks and geese to show in skies

MMM homemade bread. Made these a while ago.

100_0319_zps0107ab8d.jpg

holy shit mate thats a game changer right there! just when you think a bacon butties cant get any better. boom! i seriously need this gear in my life!
Lol thank Archie, if it wasn't for him I would never have even looked.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Well I'm finally caught up but that won't be for long. Time to shut down the laptop and throw some clothes in the bag. Then the long commute to the Valley of Torture with all the heat. But might have to get some food in me since all the food talk. I definitely could use a nice plate of poutine to hold me over.
breakfast-lunch-dinner.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back