New Grower Retail Store DIY CFL/LED Coir Hempy Grow 2 x Plants (White Cheese)

Wow thanks so much for the encouragement guys! :toke:Definitely feeling better about things. I'm going to try increasing the numbers of lights on my little rig because when I moved from the grow tent to the shower area the size increased and the entire canopy is no longer getting the direct intense light I'd like. So my total watts would be 15 x 9.5 watt LED Bulbs giving me 142.5 watts of LED power. Cant wait to see what this light can do... check out this thread as the potential looks great! https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=314806

So if the light works well I can always increase the number of bulbs to fit my space (when I upgrade) plus the convenience of just popping into a local super market to replace bulbs when they break or upgrade to higher wattage bulbs as and when the technology improves.

I'll update with pics of the new light when complete as well as progress on my grow...

I think I may be overfeeding solution is around 2000ppm...

2000? Or 200? I think at that stage 400-600 is good.
As for the lights I must have skipped where you went from CFL to leds. which brand are they? My experience is it's hard to find good forward facing LED bulbs. You have them and already cut the lense reflector off. :thumbsup:

With mine I left 1/2 inch of the reflector in to help divert the light. Lower wattage leds can use the extra help forcing photons downward.

2000? Or 200? I think at that stage 400-600 is good.
As for the lights I must have skipped where you went from CFL to leds. which brand are they? My experience is it's hard to find good forward facing LED bulbs. You have them and already cut the lense reflector off. :thumbsup:

With mine I left 1/2 inch of the reflector in to help divert the light. Lower wattage leds can use the extra help forcing photons downward.

It's at 2000ppm :shrug: I have yet to see nute burn... I'm still going to rinse and feed a lower dose as I think it's excessive from what I've read. I've also noticed the runoff PH on the smaller plant has dropped to 5.1 which is odd as what comes out has always been what goes in (5.8)

I have a mix of LED 3000K and 6500K the 3000K are Osram and the 6500K are a weird cheap brand called Lumaglo.

Could feeding to many nutes stop flowers from properly developing? The only reason I upped the nutes (Gradually) is because I had slight yellowing on new growth, I also had a few patches of what looked like a cal mag issue so I add Cal mag to every watering and still am... I wonder if I should stop that? I'm using tap water which comes out at around 80-90ppm

Thanks again for the comments and advise! :cheers:

Hey mate, looks like a pretty awesome grow you've got, and on such a small budget/low power I thinks it's great :woohoo1:

Yellow new growth can just be because it's very rapid growth - pretty normal on fast growing autos. Older leaves should give you a more accurate picture of their state.

As far as I know too much N (nitrogen) can limit bud development. I think.

Good luck mate, I'm sure they will reward your care with some fine buds :thumbsup: :vibe:

looking great @Meehi , and awesome on showing your current grow on what can be done with the screw in bulbs, i started a thread on here https://www.autoflower.org/threads/off-the-shelf-screw-in-led-bulbs-as-a-viable-alternative.59773/ specificly to touch on the subject and to highlight its use, as i felt it needed to be discussed over here as next to no one was talking about it where as blynx and terpene and others over on icmag have all that covered with that nice thread which is getting pretty hefty now, but if you could id love it if you stopped by the thread i linked above an throw up some pics of your setup and some near harverst or yields shots once you get there, just to add some content to that thread for others to see.

Keep it up, excited to see how it turns out

looking great @Meehi , and awesome on showing your current grow on what can be done with the screw in bulbs, i started a thread on here https://www.autoflower.org/threads/off-the-shelf-screw-in-led-bulbs-as-a-viable-alternative.59773/ specificly to touch on the subject and to highlight its use, as i felt it needed to be discussed over here as next to no one was talking about it where as blynx and terpene and others over on icmag have all that covered with that nice thread which is getting pretty hefty now, but if you could id love it if you stopped by the thread i linked above an throw up some pics of your setup and some near harverst or yields shots once you get there, just to add some content to that thread for others to see.

Keep it up, excited to see how it turns out

Thanks Mr Sparkle. I had a look through your thread, you definitely have done your research! Let me adjust my light this weekend (Going to add 3 or 6 more bulbs, I haven't decided..) once it's all fixed up I'll post it on your thread. Then hopefully come harvest time I'll have some nice results to post.

I noticed the cal mag I was adding to every watering (3-4g per 5 litre mix) contained quite a lot of nitrogen.. I wonder if this and the high ppm (2000) has been stunting my flower development... Below are the stats for the Cal Mag additive I have been adding to my mixes...

Ni- 137g/kg :nono:
Ca- 122g/kg
Mg- 33g/kg
Bo- 2.1g/kg

Anyway I have since flushed both plants and will be feeding without the Cal Mag additive. So I will feed just the A, B and MPK Bloom Booster in the ratio's recommended by the manufacturer for flowering. I'm thinking around 1200ppm with more runoff (20%). Before I was just watering until the drain hole overflowed then would stop.

Hoping all will go well!! I have attached what I thought was quite a nice photo I took last night :redface:

Take care peeps! :joy:

Attachments

• Flower.jpg
    Flower.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 119
Hey now.
Beautiful set-up. Very nice lights. I was going to say that with LED cal-mag is your best friend but I see you are already dosing. I notice yellowing when the lights are too close but I am using @BigSm0 's AutoCOBs and those babies are bright. I cannot see anything to add to whats already been said, so.
Peace and happy growing.

Things are still moving along although it seems slow.. hoping to have something to puff on at the end.

The 2 girls are 60 days old (about 55 from when they surfaced)

The one on the right has always been a little bigger and ahead in terms of development, maybe by like a week or 2. You can see in the picture of the canopy the right plant is further ahead in what I can only assume is flower development.. Holding thumbs!

931077b596e6d5e0529bce78da583bf7.jpg
529f31861ea2afb05b55c84aecaf23a2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
They look healthy and happy. Keep on keeping on and in time I am sure you will have plenty to puff on!!

Just a quick update.. things are still moving somewhere slowly... Im really impatient and paranoid something isn't right.. Took off some lower branches and leaves that were not getting any light just to loosen things up and increase air circulation as things were very cramped.

0a6b1080c2922e5e1d39d7d946ff0ba6.jpg
a854fb705b57a62e6bd2bd05d482523e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back