Grow Mediums Questions for experienced Autopotters

Now that you say it like that, we run a pretty similar setup :d5:. Only difference is the nutes, right? What are you running?

Im using 4x600 w hps lights with adjust a wing reflectors. Got a couple of autopots and a 100 gal reservoir. This is first run with autopots. Did a try a year ago but i failed as i watered to little. I gave up after 25 days and started over and handwatered again. I normally use soil, also from gold label. Now im using Gold Labels coco and their base-nutes and additives from Advanced nutrients. Im having airdomes in the pots aswell, 3L/m each. Im not sure if my other girl in coco was a lucky shot or if my room will be filled to the max this time. But i suspect i wont go empty handed.

Hey @Yohzik, I think you've made a good decision to use Autopots. I'm using the pots along with Biotabs like some of the others here. When I first ordered everything I bought the AN ph perfect + hobby bundle for coco. I didn't even get those nutrient bottles opened before I found biotabs online and I don't regret choosing the tabs. My only regret is that I bought the 5L size soon before the XLs were released.

With a tent that large I'd say go ahead and order the 12XL. Although, like @pop22 said, you probably won't need more than 8 plants for that tent size especially if you want some room to work. I think a lot of it depends on your planned grow style and desired veg times. With 12 pots you could flip quicker. Or use 6 pots for flower and 6 for veg so you have a vegging set waiting.

I have yet to try the new additives in the biotab line (silicium flash, pk 5-8), but the system is easy peasy in coco. Well coco, plus some EWC, a little epsom, and humus on top. My cycle is usually 4-6 days of straight RO, then I top feed. You can't really call this work especially in comparison to some of the nute regimen. Usually most things are on autopilot because of the tabs and then I'll brew a tea 4 days into the watering cycle, cut water to the plant on day 4 or 5, then give about 1L per plant. If I'm feeling really lazy and haven't made tea I'll just throw a couple 1-2 mL of orgatrex per plant into a liter of water and drench.

If not biotabs I'd go with a hot soil mix because my overall goal is to not mix nutes. I wanted to try super soil, but my early soil mixing and bottle adventures made me give both of them up. I'm in a small space so dumping a bag of coco is easier than mixing mass amounts of soil and "cooking" the soil. OH....if you go with bottled nutes or are adding stuff to the reservoir I would say use 1/2" for your main water line off the tank and then 1/4" to the each pots valve. I don't use an air pump in the rez or domes.

:shrug:now I'm waiting for more space to try this and for it to be worth it, but couldn't you just run watering rings (some sort of dripper, whatever) all connected to a line with a funnel for top watering. I guess you'd have to ensure that the water volume released is even amongst plants and this would really only be worth it with a bunch of plants.

In any case, welcome to the autopot club! :welcome:

Hey @Yohzik, I think you've made a good decision to use Autopots. I'm using the pots along with Biotabs like some of the others here. When I first ordered everything I bought the AN ph perfect + hobby bundle for coco. I didn't even get those nutrient bottles opened before I found biotabs online and I don't regret choosing the tabs. My only regret is that I bought the 5L size soon before the XLs were released.

The more I read about BioTabs, the more ...

B67WSTs.jpg

The more I read about BioTabs, the more ...

B67WSTs.jpg

:crying:

Yeah dude, they are great, especially combined with Autopots. Much less work and a high quality organic product at the end, what more could you ask for :smoking:?

Back