Being new to this myself, what I did was to only use about three gallons at a time. That really helped me dial in. Also being able to check with the breeder. That’s almost cheating, but he told me these were cal mag piggies and to really load them up. That’s where I came up with 1.5x recommended dose.

I’m also running the [HASHTAG]#shortstuff seeds[/HASHTAG] test so I have regular felt pots and soil to deal with. I’ll be able to tailor feeds a bit easier I think. Matter of fact at a bit over a week they had their first feed last night.
I sorta started the same, I didn't fill the res yet all the way.. I first ran 1 gal, then 7gals next will be the 12gal..I'm thinking I should have my feed & calmag worked out by time I need fill res back up, I have approx 3-3.5gal left in res... My ppm climbing a bit higher then I would like it, when I checked a few mins ago it was at 1300(so about 1.8-2.0 E.C)But plants are responding just fine,I am watching everything very-very closely... I need adjust one of my led heights in little while, I flooded with CO2 so need wait a bit before I can go in there...I'm not running co2 like I would like to be, just trying keep over 575ppm but under 800ppm..Actually I'm just trying to catch up to you guys :p

Being new to this myself, what I did was to only use about three gallons at a time. That really helped me dial in. Also being able to check with the breeder. That’s almost cheating, but he told me these were cal mag piggies and to really load them up. That’s where I came up with 1.5x recommended dose.

I’m also running the [HASHTAG]#shortstuff seeds[/HASHTAG] test so I have regular felt pots and soil to deal with. I’ll be able to tailor feeds a bit easier I think. Matter of fact at a bit over a week they had their first feed last night.
One of my strains is brand new, so there isn't any info on that..The strain still in testing, I keep very detailed logs on my end.. So when it does get released, they will be able use some of the info I collect to help other's..:thumbsup::smoking::smokeout::pass:

I haven't used any Cal/mag yet. Haven't really seen the need.

I was surprised mine went through veg without problems. Lighting differs, I'm lone COBs so was waiting for it. Giving the DP a chance to show me what its got. Lights being a big factor, Light specific formulas are probably only a matter of time.

I was surprised mine went through veg without problems. Lighting differs, I'm lone COBs so was waiting for it. Giving the DP a chance to show me what its got. Lights being a big factor, Light specific formulas are probably only a matter of time.
Are you using the bloom nutrients yet? I would expect them to have more Cal Mag in them than the veg nutrients.

Are you using the bloom nutrients yet? I would expect them to have more Cal Mag in them than the veg nutrients.
I’m on bloom now. That could be part of why I’m in better control.
You know what I did to help with dosing, probably better in the [HASHTAG]#autopot[/HASHTAG] thread, is make a measurement stick. Added 1 gallon at a time and put a dowel rod to the bottom, drew a ring around that spot and continued to the top. Now I can put the stick in the res and see about how much is in there. Makes it easy to measure consumption, make adjustments, etc.

I’m on bloom now. That could be part of why I’m in better control.
You know what I did to help with dosing, probably better in the [HASHTAG]#autopot[/HASHTAG] thread, is make a measurement stick. Added 1 gallon at a time and put a dowel rod to the bottom, drew a ring around that spot and continued to the top. Now I can put the stick in the res and see about how much is in there. Makes it easy to measure consumption, make adjustments, etc.
Lmao great minds think alike! I did something very similar ;)

20181013_102735.jpg
20181013_102835.jpg

Yes, right on schedule. It probably does but we can't expect it to cover the wide variety of lights. When this was developed, there were no LEDS or COBs, at least not in public use.

@Pops update :cheers:
Week 4 day 28:pass:
Room temp 77-84
R/H 38-55
soil temp 73-77
soil PH 6.2-6.8:biggrin::biggrin:

Liver Cheese A 23" tall 20" wide
These were taken with Flash and with out.:bow:
I'm using 2 ml per quart on all.

I have not had to use any cal mag.:shrug:
in saying that I am using a HPS and my GoGrow led, together.:headbang::headbang:
I have been going a little heavy on the duchpro.:eyebrows:

DSCF9184.JPG
b
DSCF9185.JPG
DSCF9187.JPG

GWC A

Doing very well also.
14" tall 15" wide
DSCF9191.JPG
DSCF9193.JPG

Alien liver B
B's are no duchpro