Outdoor Purple Punch outdoor

Reaction score
Hey. Been a long time. Figured to give it another shot.

10 Purple punch Auto feminized from Barneys.
3x freebie feminized seeds. Forgot the freebie strain names. Who cares.

15 day old plants. First 12 days inside, in the window. Sunlight only. Last 3 days outside. 58N. Cool summer's here. We don't get decent temperatures until june 1st.

Anyway enough talking. I bought the "Premium" soil at the garden center, and rain water, rained the past couple days. 3rd day outside, is today, we had sun and in the 60s. Nights are still in the 50s. Hope you guys enjoy my first grow in 5 years.
Screenshot_20200525-194515_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200525-194515_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200525-194440_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200525-194457_Gallery.jpg

The Forums aren't alive or my thread is DOA.

Anyway, sprayed deer/rabbit/moose repellant. It is working well.
Ground fabric to stop weed plants from taking over. Control certain insects. Working fairly well.
11 liter grow bags. Most have 15 Liters soil in them. No perlite.
Slug and snail killing pellets, probably working.
Pyrethrum to kill insects. Great at keeping ants from making colonies in the potting soil.
Copper collars to protect against slugs and snails. Working exceptionally well.
Bio Bizz Top Max and Bio Bloom. Running a 60nday strain. Should be the only fertilizer I need.
Wooden stakes for plant support later.

Shit temperatures at 58N. Cool nights. Ok day temps. Slow growth on the plants. That's life in the far north. I have to harvest last week of July or first week of August. By mid August it's starting to rain, becoming much cooler a d then bud rot comes. I have max, 60 day growing season.

Well any questions, just let me know!

hey mate ! i am subbed in. I was about to say about the wildlife, good the repellant is working well, good idea of the copper rings, and the weed matt to keep the grass away. A few more branches and sticks around them to keep the critters away. That is pretty cool nigth temp

hey mate ! i am subbed in. I was about to say about the wildlife, good the repellant is working well, good idea of the copper rings, and the weed matt to keep the grass away. A few more branches and sticks around them to keep the critters away. That is pretty cool nigth temp

Thank you! Plants are flowering. Will update with photos.

It's been about 33 days. They have grown nicely but transplant shock greatly reduced the size of the plants. Lesson learned for next time. Probably looking at a bunch of 20 gram (dry) plants. Not what I was hoping for. Anyway I'm here if anyone has questions.
Screenshot_20200627-150148_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200627-150116_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200627-150035_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200627-150347_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200627-150724_Gallery.jpg

They are lookign great mate, yes i wonder also my autos are a bit smaller maybe due to being transplanted, or it could just be the genetics also, they look healthy

They are lookign great mate, yes i wonder also my autos are a bit smaller maybe due to being transplanted, or it could just be the genetics also, they look healthy

Thank you! We are going to get some rain this week and cooler temperatures. Should help me out. Right now I backpack water to my site with bottles. Now I am worried about bud rot. Hopefully the rain dosen't stay too long.

I will add this: copper collars stopped all slugs and snails. Not a single one made it to my plants.

Thats good GMAW, the copper collars are working, nothing worse than slugs and snails, they are just as bad as other pests. That will be good save you watering, true, maybe thin wood ply wedges in the buds, not sure, i keep my under but i still got rot now and then.m but just chopped it out.

Bad weather all of July absolutely ruined my final harvest weight. I started the plants mid May and by mid July they were getting close to harvest. Ended up harvesting end of July through the middle of August. Day 60 to 90. We had rain, wind, cloudy overcast skies and cool temperatures all of July. The 10 plants of Purple Punch produced around 20 to 30 grams a plant. Very unimpressed.

Anyway, I have bought 60 bags of potting soil for next year. 2,400 liters of soil. Might even do 80 bags. Plan on doing 50 plants. Calculates out to about 48 liters of soil per plant at 60 bags and at 80 bags that is 64 liters per plant. Doing 1 large raised bed and will hide a 1000 liter water container on site for that. Run a hose from the container to the raised bed. Will pump water from a rain runoff ditch into the 1000 liter tank. Will use that 1000 liter tank to water when the rain doesn't come.

Thanks for following guys!

Im at 43deg N and im hoping my photos will be done before the white falls from the sky.

Back