New Grower Praying I don't mess up my 1st grow

Reaction score
Hello all. @witchyhour suggested I start this thread so that I can get help with my first ever grow, so here it goes. I've been watching the forums for a month trying to learn all that I can before I started my 1st grow ever. I received my order of seeds and super soil from Mephisto Monday and started germinating 3 yesterday (sour bubbling crack, deep blue c, and chemdogging). 1st I placed them in separate jars with water for 12 hours. Then I placed them in separate wet paper towels and labeled sandwich bags. I placed all 3 in a bigger freezer bag, sealed it, and put it in my warm attic. The sour and the deep blue both showed a small root last night so I planted them under 5/ 60 watt equivalent regular CFL bulbs. I only have the CFL's and 1 MarsHydro 300w for my grow. Since I'm new I really didn't expect all 3 beans to pop so I thought this would be enough light. Now I'm thinking I may need to add another LED. The chemdogging still hasn't broken yet. Should I give up on it and just start germing another one or just wait a bit longer? Also should I just mist the 2 pots with the germed seeds, or leave it alone until they sprout? I'm using plain Vigoro organic potting mix on the top half of 2.25 gallon buckets with a mix of Vigoro and the mephisto amendments in the bottom half by the way.

Welcome to AFN @MrGermaine23 we are really glad to have you here and super stoked to see you take the plunge! @witchyhour is suuuper awesome! It sounds like you are off to a great start. If you have any questions or need any help don't hesitate to ask here or PM me if you would like.

Hello all. @witchyhour suggested I start this thread so that I can get help with my first ever grow, so here it goes. I've been watching the forums for a month trying to learn all that I can before I started my 1st grow ever. I received my order of seeds and super soil from Mephisto Monday and started germinating 3 yesterday (sour bubbling crack, deep blue c, and chemdogging). 1st I placed them in separate jars with water for 12 hours. Then I placed them in separate wet paper towels and labeled sandwich bags. I placed all 3 in a bigger freezer bag, sealed it, and put it in my warm attic. The sour and the deep blue both showed a small root last night so I planted them under 5/ 60 watt equivalent regular CFL bulbs. I only have the CFL's and 1 MarsHydro 300w for my grow. Since I'm new I really didn't expect all 3 beans to pop so I thought this would be enough light. Now I'm thinking I may need to add another LED. The chemdogging still hasn't broken yet. Should I give up on it and just start germing another one or just wait a bit longer? Also should I just mist the 2 pots with the germed seeds, or leave it alone until they sprout? I'm using plain Vigoro organic potting mix on the top half of 2.25 gallon buckets with a mix of Vigoro and the mephisto amendments in the bottom half by the way.
I use Mars300's, Mars600's, ViparSpectra 450 and ViparSpectra 1200. Love my led's! :)

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Welcome to AFN @MrGermaine23 we are really glad to have you here and super stoked to see you take the plunge! @witchyhour is suuuper awesome! It sounds like you are off to a great start. If you have any questions or need any help don't hesitate to ask here or PM me if you would like.
Thank you! That's very kind. [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Back