Outdoor Portland, OR Grow Journal

Beau Jeffrey

Yea, that's right...
Reaction score
First auto-flower grow. I'm just putting them out in the garden with the tomatoes and other food plants. I have a spot reserved in my "City Pickers" garden beds. their names are Legs and Little Girl. We'll see how this goes I'll try to post progress pics every week. Fingers crossed!

full

Week 2! Woo Hoo! This pic was taken yesterday I love how seedlings grow. The symmetry is so beautiful. Forgot the strains :/ but I have them written down at home. I'll post them next week. One of them is Alien Dawg I think? I have 4 strains in seed form, a few seeds each. So I'll be ready for a few years to come if this works out. Only 4 plants at a time here in Oregon THANK GOD FOR SENSIBLE DRUG LAWS. Well more sensible then the norm for this country anyway ;)

full

Okay just to follow up, one is NOT alien dawg. Alien dawg is a photo strain I have seeds of here in my desk drawer @ work. One of them IS "Auto Blue Himalaya", found the packing slip. Also in my desk drawer @ work. I <3 my job. lol

WEEK 3 YIPPEE This pic was taken Sunday they were transplanted shortly after taking week2 pics. "The clock is ticking." I like that, very true. I hope I don't f*** it up. Too early for nutes right? any recommended nutrient regimens?

WEEK 3 YIPPEE This pic was taken Sunday they were transplanted shortly after taking week2 pics. "The clock is ticking." I like that, very true. I hope I don't f*** it up. Too early for nutes right? any recommended nutrient regimens?

I'd like to recommend you start with some aloe Vera if you've got some around. A "free" , natural root stimulant. Just cut a piece off an aloe plant, a couple inches, and scrape the inner goo into your watering jug and shake. Voila!

Beyond that, Biobizz Bloom is a nice nutrient. With npk 1-2-2, you could probably skate with it as a stand alone for 15 to 20 bucks for the 1L bottle. Some calmag would probably help though. The Botanicare one is common, cheap, works well. It will supply some extra Nitrogen as well, which will be helpful early in life.

What's your soilmix by the way?

Back