Old Reviews Portable AC Units

4fafa145dedbb55752c9ded633e64918.jpg

This is the unit I picked up for my 13/14.5 ft bedroom grow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dry my cannabis in the growroom for the 6-10 days then trim and jar it up and move it to a wine bottle refrigerator for curing. I set the temp for 65°F and the smell stays trapped in the fridge. Id imagine you could easily use the fridge for drying also as long as you could control the humidity.

IM A NEW GROWER - 4x4 tent/ TSW2000 & 2-AutoCobs

I live in AZ and heat/dry is an issue. Growing during summer is NOT what I'm looking to do. During winter & spring, heat is a minor issue while running 2- AutoCobs & TSW-2000 my tent is getting up to 86f. I have my exhaust fan running for 30 min every 3 hours for air exchange. Can't run full time cuz it sucks moisture out of tent and drops RH to the 40's( ambient rh @ 25-30%). I anticipate that going forward as it warms up, tent will warm up ( a lot of insight on that one), and I'm looking for a small AC unit to keep tent within acceptable temp ranges.

Thx in advance for any suggestions and/or insight.

IM A NEW GROWER - 4x4 tent/ TSW2000 & 2-AutoCobs

I live in AZ and heat/dry is an issue. Growing during summer is NOT what I'm looking to do. During winter & spring, heat is a minor issue while running 2- AutoCobs & TSW-2000 my tent is getting up to 86f. I have my exhaust fan running for 30 min every 3 hours for air exchange. Can't run full time cuz it sucks moisture out of tent and drops RH to the 40's( ambient rh @ 25-30%). I anticipate that going forward as it warms up, tent will warm up ( a lot of insight on that one), and I'm looking for a small AC unit to keep tent within acceptable temp ranges.

Thx in advance for any suggestions and/or insight.
Where are you growing?
I'm growing in my walk-in closet with a vent to the attic I installed. I can place my a/c unit behind my tent and vent the hot air from the vent on the a/c . since my carbon filter in inside the tent, I don't have to worry about smell. I'm cooling my lung room. When working on the girls, I'lljust turn off the a/c.
If you put it in the tent, you have to worry about dealing with the smell. Say you're growing in your garage, you could conceivably attach a carbon filter to your a/c. I would step up the exhaust to 8in and get the largest filter to lessen the head pressure as little as possible on the a/c exhaust. Now this will heat up the air in the garage. This would saturate the air with heat and unless it's really large, it really wouldn't take too long to surpass the a/c ability to drop the tent's temps. Also, you still have to deal with the condensate,ubless it's a unit that uses it to increase efficiency of the unit. You could still have the a/c in the tent, but vent it outside.........still have to deal with the smell. You could still overcome that by venting to a big carbon filter and putting the filter in a big sealed box and vent that outside. Either way, venting outside is pretty much a must.

Hello all, the heat has gotten the best of most of us this summer and now it's time to buy an AC unit. The temps in the room where I have my tent setup is currently 80 degrees and that's with the central AC on!!! (As high as 86 in my tent with the doors open and a fan blowing) Portable AC unit here we come!! :hot:

Couple questions...

I want to filter the exhaust on my soon to be new portable AC unit because it f@cking stinks like a god damn skunk in my grow area :D. So do they make an inline carbon filter that I could put in between my AC and the outside?
This is a must, I can lean out my window and knock on my neighbors window if I wanted to. Plus stealth is a priority in these parts.

So I haven't bought anything yet, so far I've looked at HD's webpage and they have a 9000 btu with a dehumidifier for like $350 with free shipping and good reviews.

http://www.homedepot.com/Appliances...Id=10053&langId=-1&storeId=10051#.UBFYr3C5aRY

Any recommendations?

:firedevil:
Can you get a small tent to dry in and just connect the two so it can draw some of the stink from both tents

Back