Nutrients Pops, Super Secret Optic Foliar Grow

For just feeding her through foliar spray, looking good

Did you spray directly on buds/all over while plant during bloom as well??

Trying to find out if it’s safe with O.F

@Pops this is not only just feeding with OF product is it? You are feeding thru organic soil mostly right?

OF is very expensive stuff man. Super expensive. A four bottle set of the small ones, I think must be 250ml, is like $150 CDN. I managed to get a sample of. And Im not sure if I will purchase when I run out. I want to see more benefit from it in my tent. Right now I can't see it has ever helped me in a noticeable way. And I'm not sure how I can really do some sort of experiment in my tent that could show me what this stuff does in a noticeable way. I mean if you spray it 3 times per week or whatever program you use, but you're also getting all your feed from a res like me, its pretty hard to see what OF does.

Your plants look so stunning. You have mastered lighting and photography of cannabis. and growing too obviously. Your pictures stand out big time. Surreal lighting. The leaves look so shiny green and healthy. Your pics are ones I don't mind slowing my browser scrolling down because they are inline in the post, full size pictures.

@Pops this is not only just feeding with OF product is it? You are feeding thru organic soil mostly right?

OF is very expensive stuff man. Super expensive. A four bottle set of the small ones, I think must be 250ml, is like $150 CDN. I managed to get a sample of. And Im not sure if I will purchase when I run out. I want to see more benefit from it in my tent. Right now I can't see it has ever helped me in a noticeable way. And I'm not sure how I can really do some sort of experiment in my tent that could show me what this stuff does in a noticeable way. I mean if you spray it 3 times per week or whatever program you use, but you're also getting all your feed from a res like me, its pretty hard to see what OF does.

Your plants look so stunning. You have mastered lighting and photography of cannabis. and growing too obviously. Your pictures stand out big time. Surreal lighting. The leaves look so shiny green and healthy. Your pics are ones I don't mind slowing my browser scrolling down because they are inline in the post, full size pictures.

Wow thank you! I’m using promix currently and the pictures are of my grow with really no added nutrients other than some dr earth teas and a little dr earth bloom and bud added as an amendment to the lower half of my 5 gallon pot at the rate of one tbsp for the lower half. This has kept the plant looking great but she started showing early early signs of calmag. So yes, dr earth has microbes for an organic grow and my soil after a slurry was a wonderful 6.4! OF was kind of pricy but I saw the grow someone did here with just OF and it was impressive and the fact it states it can fill in deficiencies really caught my attention.

So far it’s doing well and I read that I can feed up to 2 weeks prior to harvest as long as I don’t directly spray the buds, any overspray is okay but it hit it with a fan to dry it out to be safe.

I have noticed my calmag issue going away, which is nice. The leaves are super green to the point where I’m not sure if they are going to yellow out! I’m sure they will but I’m still waiting, she should be ready in a week now.

Thanks for the reply and I’ll be sure to tag you in the journal for the final results! Thanks so much!!

Last edited:
Wow thank you! I’m using promix currently and the pictures are of my grow with really no added nutrients other than some dr earth teas and a little dr earth bloom and bud added as an amendment to the lower half of my 5 gallon pot at the rate of one tbsp for the lower half. This has kept the plant looking great but she started showing early early signs of calmag. So yes, dr earth has microbes for an organic grow and my soil after a slurry was a wonderful 6.4! OF was kind of pricy but I saw the grow someone did here with just OF and it was impressive and the fact it states it can fill in deficiencies really caught my attention.

So far it’s doing well and I read that I can feed up to 2 weeks prior to harvest as long as I don’t directly spray the buds, any overspray is okay but it hit it with a fan to dry it out to be safe.

I have noticed my calmag issue going away, which is nice. The leaves are super green to the point where I’m not sure if they are going to yellow out! I’m sure they will but I’m still waiting, she should be ready in a week now.

Thanks for the reply and I’ll be sure to tag you in the journal for the final results! Thanks so much!!

so do you let OF get on the flowers/buds? I have read conflicting things on this.

so do you let OF get on the flowers/buds? I have read conflicting things on this.

As little as possible. From the optical foilar ppl, it’s okay to spray up to 2 weeks before harvest....any overspray is okay as long as it isn’t dripping wet on the buds.

As little as possible. From the optical foilar ppl, it’s okay to spray up to 2 weeks before harvest....any overspray is okay as long as it isn’t dripping wet on the buds.

Thank you! Good to know. Just sprayed today and tried to block the kola flowers with a piece of cardboard. Seemed to work well. Now I know I don't have to worry about some getting on them.

@Pops you should answer this question. I'd like to know too.

Good day
Where do I start.?
I use my org. soil that I make from form farm, compost. and roots org 707 base.
I use 3.5 gal of soil per plant.
Optic Foliar I spary from day 2 to week 8. when the lady's get big I spray the whole plant top to bottom, but I try not to spray on the bud. some does drip over the bud that is unavoidable, i do spray on new bud site say week 3- 5 when they are small.
I change the mix of O.F. when it starts to flower.
O.F. has saved some of my lady's from at the start.
It does cost a little $$$$. when I use O.F.
I get NO deficiencies.
Here is the best part My YIELD went up 25%, understand that 25% is I am doing things better fine tuning each and every grow O.F. has been in my grows for 1 yr or more.
If you have any more questions just ask
@Pops

Good day
Where do I start.?
I use my org. soil that I make from form farm, compost. and roots org 707 base.
I use 3.5 gal of soil per plant.
Optic Foliar I spary from day 2 to week 8. when the lady's get big I spray the whole plant top to bottom, but I try not to spray on the bud. some does drip over the bud that is unavoidable, i do spray on new bud site say week 3- 5 when they are small.
I change the mix of O.F. when it starts to flower.
O.F. has saved some of my lady's from at the start.
It does cost a little $$$$. when I use O.F.
I get NO deficiencies.
Here is the best part My YIELD went up 25%, understand that 25% is I am doing things better fine tuning each and every grow O.F. has been in my grows for 1 yr or more.
If you have any more questions just ask
@Pops

Thanks for passing on the knowledge Pops. And I do have one more question. What is the change you do to the mix when flowering?

My experience has not been as good, but I honestly believe that my issues were so severe that normally OF benefits don't get a chance to shine thru. I have more plants coming up that WILL NOT have any issues (fingers and toes crossed) and they will get OF for sure.

And I think you have to be an experienced grower with consistencies in your grow regime in order to be able to recognize what something like OF is doing. Or you do a dedicated test with to plants and see if that shows anything, but a lot of variables would be in play.

Back