Indoor Pop22's Breeding and Random Grows and Projects Thread

One batch of STS, a liter, is then diluted when you need to use it. A liter will make 10 liters of useable STS! and the chemical you get for around $12-$15 will make many, many batches.

I'll repost the formula here when I make a batch.

I've been wondering the same thing! I'm waiting on a email from a mojor breeder on that subject. I'd like to just try it, but have neither the space nor time at the moment. Will be spraying my plants shortly!

I was wondering about sts and such. If you spray a male plant will you get female flowers and if bred would you only get male plants?

Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk

Update:

Here is the ST Formula:

Preparation of STS:

First, a stock solution is made. It consists of two parts (A and B) that are initially mixed separately, then blended together. Part A is ALWAYS mixed into part B while stirring rapidly. Use distilled water; tap water may cause precipitates to form.

Wear gloves while mixing and using these chemicals, and mix and use in a properly ventilated area. A mask will prevent the breathing of any dust, which is caustic. STS is colorless and odorless, and poses minimal health risks if used as described here. (See material safety data sheet links below). Note that silver nitrate and STS can cause brown stains upon drying, so spray over newspaper and avoid spilling.

Part A: .5 gram silver nitrate stirred into 500ml distilled water

Part B: 2.5 grams sodium thiosulfate (anhydrous) stirred into 500ml distilled water

The silver nitrate dissolves within 15 seconds. The sodium thiosulfate takes 30-45 seconds to dissolve.

The silver nitrate solution (A) is then mixed into the sodium thiosulfate solution (B) while stirring rapidly. The resulting blend is stock silver thiosulfate solution (STS).

This stock solution is then diluted at a ratio of 1:9 to make a working solution. For example, 100ml of stock STS is added to 900ml of distilled water. This is then sprayed on select female plants. Then do that second spraying at the end of week 2... seems to be the key for getting pollen from the more difficult strains.

Back