New Grower Polar Express DWC Day 1

I think they are forming buds as we speak. Sometimes it happens slowly. Wait another week.

How come you don’t feed any micro? I forgot that part.

You should check out Boradan’s ladies — noice.

Hey, how do you manage to keep your water temps so low? I just had a bout with pythium, and I’ve been super paranoid about water temp since then. I’m trying to keep the tent at 75 and my water sits at 72 — even on cold concrete. Even with the hydroguard, I’m still a bit freaked out.

Last edited:
I think they are forming buds as we speak. Sometimes it happens slowly. Wait another week.

Hey, how do you manage to keep your water temps so low? I just had a bout with pythium, and I’ve been super paranoid about water temp since then. I’m trying to keep the tent at 75 and my water sits at 72 — even on cold concrete. Even with the hydroguard, I’m still a bit freaked out.
i made a chiller out of a old water dispenser, small water pump and a stainless cooling coil. then i control the ON/OFF of the set up with a temperature controller set to 65f.

i thought i read somewhere that nitrogen is bad during flower? maybe? i dont really understand NPK yet or the life cycle of autos. i was afraid of nitrogen toxicity. and the micro part is 2-0-0

Looking good.
Roots are a nice pristine white.
What are you topping off with? pH'ed water? 1/2 strength nutes? Full strength nutes?
i add a gallon of Ro water then 1/2 strength nutes then i ph the rez with up and down. any pointer are welcome! i really dont know shit about growing yet haha

Hey Steel, I am an advanced Nutrients guy myself. I top off at about 1/4 strength of whatever I filled with. With AN, you really don't switch from Grow to bloom. Keep the ratio consistent with gen feeding chart. It always calls for the same Grow-micro-bloom ratio. When you see preflowers, add big bud. That will give them the PK boost they need.

Also, you really shouldn't have to mess around with the ph. I still check, but rarely have to adjust. The fact that you use both up and then down means that it was probably good to begin with. I find the great target range for AN is 5.8-6.2. If it's there, just leave it. If it gets higher or lower, which is rarely, use up or down.

You are doing just fine, man. Keep it up!

i thought i read somewhere that nitrogen is bad during flower? maybe? i dont really understand NPK yet or the life cycle of autos. i was afraid of nitrogen toxicity. and the micro part is 2-0-0
Gotta keep to the ratios on the feeding chart mate. You don’t need to understand NPK — just follow the feeding chart, but 50% or 75% or whatever ratio is working for your plant. Micro doesn’t only have nitrogen — it has all the secondary nutrients. TOO MUCH nitrogen is bad during flower, during veg for that matter, which is still firmly where she’s at. She’s not in flower yet. She’s going to need healthy amounts of nitrogen until the stretch is over.

Gotta keep to the ratios on the feeding chart mate. You don’t need to understand NPK — just follow the feeding chart, but 50% or 75% or whatever ratio is working for your plant. Micro doesn’t only have nitrogen — it has all the secondary nutrients. TOO MUCH nitrogen is bad during flower, during veg for that matter, which is still firmly where she’s at. She’s not in flower yet. She’s going to need healthy amounts of nitrogen until the stretch is over.
:yeahthat: 100%
With a 3-part nutrient range that has micro, grow and bloom, the micro generally needs to be used throughout the grow.
It contains the micro nutrients needed throughout the plants' life-cycle, whereas the grow/bloom are additional, specific nutrient needs through the relevant part of the cycle.

This chart shows a lot of the nutrients needed by the plants (and their relative pH uptake zone).
ph-vs-uptake-3-jpg.358833

(Make sure you use the Hydro chart rather than the soil)

Most of these will be in the 'Micro' nute.
If you are only thinking about NPK, you are missing most of what the plant needs

:yeahthat: 100%
With a 3-part nutrient range that has micro, grow and bloom, the micro generally needs to be used throughout the grow.
It contains the micro nutrients needed throughout the plants' life-cycle, whereas the grow/bloom are additional, specific nutrient needs through the relevant part of the cycle.

This chart shows a lot of the nutrients needed by the plants (and their relative pH uptake zone).
ph-vs-uptake-3-jpg.358833

(Make sure you use the Hydro chart rather than the soil)

Most of these will be in the 'Micro' nute.
If you are only thinking about NPK, you are missing most of what the plant needs
just got home with 5 gallons of RO and changed rez.all new growth curllimg and sickly look. i went 1/2 dose all parts. 8ml per bottle. i added calmag which i hope didnt over do it. 15ml. also added ProteKt 10ml.

Back