New Grower Polar Express DWC Day 1

Day 34.
EC 2400-2500
Ppm 1200-1500
pH 5.7
Water temp 60-65f (issue with temp control)
Indoor temp and humidity 37% 77f
Using AN 3part pH perfect nites at 1/2 strength
Shouldn't it have buds already? I did some topping and training early in the veg growth. Never been this far in a grow before. Uncharted territory. Is it stunted? I see new growth daily. But no bud IMG_20190211_060103.jpg IMG_20190211_060045.jpg IMG_20190211_060031.jpg IMG_20190209_115240.jpg or THC crystals.

Day 34.
EC 2400-2500
Ppm 1200-1500
pH 5.7
Water temp 60-65f (issue with temp control)
Indoor temp and humidity 37% 77f
Using AN 3part pH perfect nites at 1/2 strength
Shouldn't it have buds already? I did some topping and training early in the veg growth. Never been this far in a grow before. Uncharted territory. Is it stunted? I see new growth daily. But no budView attachment 1013382 View attachment 1013383 View attachment 1013384 View attachment 1013385 or THC crystals.
Congrats on getting her this far! She’s looking pretty healthy. Now that she has preflowered, buds will follow in the next few weeks.

Are you using the AN feeding chart? She is now heading into the stretch — she will shoot up a foot or more in only a few weeks. Your training will really begin to show benefits then. You’ll need to keep up veg nutes until the stretch is over, then transition to bloom nutes full bore. By the end of the stretch, you’ll see baby buddage all over.

Those buds will continue to form and swell over the next few weeks — count on 6 or more. Trichomes will appear, at first clear, but switching to cloudy and amber as she matures. Get a loupe so you can monitor her for the chop at the end! Do you have any jars for all your bud? :d5:

Last edited:
Nice to see another DWC grow :D
I have had a plant or 2 run for 40-50 days before flowering in DWC, so no need to worry about that yet.
She looks a touch over-fed to me.
The leaves look very dark (but that may just be due to the light - can you take a pic in natural light?).
The leaves also look like they are clawing due to Nitrogen Toxicity from the overfeeding.
You have given a 300 ppm range. How is is varying so much? Is this a weekly variation or daily?
Is the pH consistent at 5.7? Or does it vary at all?

:vibe:

*edit**
I read my post and it came across a bit ... off....
Sorry if that all sounded negative. It isn't meant to be.
Nice going on your first plant to get this far :thumbsup:

Nice to see another DWC grow :D
I have had a plant or 2 run for 40-50 days before flowering in DWC, so no need to worry about that yet.
She looks a touch over-fed to me.
The leaves look very dark (but that may just be due to the light - can you take a pic in natural light?).
The leaves also look like they are clawing due to Nitrogen Toxicity from the overfeeding.
You have given a 300 ppm range. How is is varying so much? Is this a weekly variation or daily?
Is the pH consistent at 5.7? Or does it vary at all?

:vibe:

*edit**
I read my post and it came across a bit ... off....
Sorry if that all sounded negative. It isn't meant to be.
Nice going on your first plant to get this far :thumbsup:
Yes its under a grow light in veg mode. Also the leaves only drop claw at night or morning around the time the lights go off. (5:00am) by the time im home for lunch break (12:00pm) the lights had already been running and the leaves are straight as an arrow almost pointing up. healthy looking IMO

Congrats on getting her this far! She’s looking pretty healthy. Now that she has preflowered, buds will follow in the next few weeks.

Are you using the AN feeding chart? She is now heading into the stretch — she will shoot up a foot or more in only a few weeks. Your training will really begin to show benefits then. You’ll need to keep up veg nutes until the stretch is over, then transition to bloom nutes full bore. By the end of the stretch, you’ll see baby buddage all over.

Those buds will continue to form and swell over the next few weeks — count on 6 or more. Trichomes will appear, at first clear, but switching to cloudy and amber as she matures. Get a loupe so you can monitor her for the chop at the end! Do you have any jars for all your bud? :d5:
hell yeah!!! coming from you that means alot. Thanks!:woohoo:

Boradan has lots more experience with growing and DWC. Looking closer, she sure is dark green — she might be right on the edge of over feeding. If you see the tips start to burn, back off 10% on the nutes.

Polar Express Auto in DWC Day 50
-------------------------------------
Room temp 73f
4.5gallon rez temp 64-64f
Humidity 47%
PH 5.7-6.2 (went up after Pro TeKt)
Ec 1172
Ppm 578
Nute
AN pH perfect 3 part
Micro 0 (2-0-0)
Grow 3ml (1-0-4)
Bloom4-5ml (1-3-4)
--------------------------------
Additives
Orca 2.5ml
Great White 1/4 tsp
Pro- TeKt 2ml (0-0-3)
Calmag 5 ml (2-0-0)
---------------------------------
IMG_20190215_233118.jpg IMG_20190215_233045.jpg IMG_20190215_232928.jpg IMG_20190215_232920.jpg IMG_20190215_232838.jpg IMG_20190215_232756.jpg
Well still no buds but it keeps growing and yesterday I noticed for the first time how fast they take in the nutrient solution. She was droopy at noon and I looked in the bucket and water level was 2 inches under the basket. It was the first top off I've done. Added a little silica to the mix just to see it's benefits. I'm happy even though it probably won't get big buds it's a step foward in my education. Ive always wanted to grow. I was a 16 year old punk rocker and I tried but my mom would pluck them out of the ground. The asswoopings didn't help and when she visits next month I'm gonna set the res in the living room just to get a conversation going. Thanks for tuning in. Laters.

Looking good.
Roots are a nice pristine white.
What are you topping off with? pH'ed water? 1/2 strength nutes? Full strength nutes?

Back