New Grower Picture security

Daipot

Growing photoperiod trees
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm relatively new here so I have a question about security. I've been doing a journal on my first grow and I would really like to upload pics to the forum. I have uploaded photos twice but I got spooked about security so decided to take them down.
Have I got too worry about uploading pics straight pics from on iPhone onto the site?

I'm sure this issue has already been discussed but I can't find an answer by searching the forums. Apologies if this is a duplicate post.

Many thank

Hi guys,

I'm relatively new here so I have a question about security. I've been doing a journal on my first grow and I would really like to upload pics to the forum. I have uploaded photos twice but I got spooked about security so decided to take them down.
Have I got too worry about uploading pics straight pics from on iPhone onto the site?

I'm sure this issue has already been discussed but I can't find an answer by searching the forums. Apologies if this is a duplicate post.

Many thank

Your IP is stored on any website server, this one is no different so run a VPN

Shut off location data on your pics

Problem solved :pass:

Last edited:
Your IP is stored on any website server, this one is no different so run a VPN

Shut of location data on your pics

Problem solved :pass:
Great stuff! Thanks for the tip

It looks like EXIF data gets ignored by the uploading process as there is no camera or exposure details so location shouldn't show either.

....if you take an image created by your camera and check the file properties you should see a bunch of stuff about camera and settings. You shouldn't see that on pics hosted here.

The only way they can ever track where you are is with your ip but that only gives a rough estimate if they want your actuall address they have to go to your isp and try and force them to give your address which is very unlikely for people growing a few plants.the photos uploaded here have nearly all data removed before uploading so no worries about that my friend.just google exif viewer upload one of your photos and you will see what info photos have,then upload it here then download it again and you will see all data is removed in the uploading process.and i agree with getting a VPN not just for sites like this but for all your web browsing,it keeps you totally anonymous

Yea a VPN for sure.. But i will say we have a HTTPS and that helps plus The amount of money it would cost to "find" a small time canna grower is not worth it..
@Lactoseluke it would cost $200 grand to fine you and just because you got some flowers?? naa just make sure when taking pics you dont have anything in that pic thats reviling ..
"they" like to find the people who are doing bad things!!!
terrorist-smiley.gif

Yea a VPN for sure.. But i will say we have a HTTPS and that helps plus The amount of money it would cost to "find" a small time canna grower is not worth it..
@Lactoseluke it would cost $200 grand to fine you and just because you got some flowers?? naa just make sure when taking pics you dont have anything in that pic thats reviling ..
"they" like to find the people who are doing bad things!!!
terrorist-smiley.gif

this can be true and untrue, though we have HTTPS, we dont always sit on it.

Right now, i use a VPN and run through TOR, however my connection to this site is still not secure, the website will not supply identity, and some images are not secure. So if you are trying to be careful just be wary.

IMG_20160906_184055.jpg
IMG_20160906_184115.jpg

Back