Day 37

Entry plants doing great [emoji7]

Berry ryder (autoseeds)
CHERRY BUD (Zamnesia)

And check my other plants [emoji7]
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...&share_tid=63571&share_fid=25553&share_type=t
DSC_0838.jpeg
DSC_0839.jpeg
DSC_0840.jpeg

:headbang: ...Looking great y'all!....

>> @OregonBlackBear ... mate, what happened with the MoB's? :eek1: ..... oooOOooo, 45gal! :growing::vibe:

>>> Mark, Swan-- :biggrin: ... it's an interesting thing happening over here with them,.... I'm coastal central CA, and our native mantis is--or was!-- an inland dweller, never in my life have I seen them here before, until a few years ago,... CA is super strict on any "exotic" bugs for sale/release, so I'm betting this is our native species.... folks buy the egg cases in hopes of getting predatory benefits... now I think there's enough of them around that they have reached a viable breeding population :thumbsup:.... Adults have visited my plants a few times! Fortunately, there weren't any larger vermins for them to snack on,...

Mantis1.jpg

The mobs are wee right now, I think I'm going to run them in the tent. Might put some cuttings outside.

What you have there is the standard Carolina mantis. It's the one sold all over the country that people use in their gardens. It is not native to the west coast, and as far as I know we don't have a native mantis out here?

:smoking: Huh, no kidding? I don't know it for a fact, but I figured CA wouldn't allow non-natives of anything for such purposes?.... my friends inland have seen mantis' all their lives, and for sure we do have native species,.. but some non-natives too! I'm not skilled at ID'ing species, so it could be these are Carolina's, just not sure if they were allowed in CA for sale,...
..incoming PM on MoB,...:eyebrows:

:headbang: ...Looking great y'all!....

>> @OregonBlackBear ... mate, what happened with the MoB's? :eek1: ..... oooOOooo, 45gal! :growing::vibe:

>>> Mark, Swan-- [emoji3] ... it's an interesting thing happening over here with them,.... I'm coastal central CA, and our native mantis is--or was!-- an inland dweller, never in my life have I seen them here before, until a few years ago,... CA is super strict on any "exotic" bugs for sale/release, so I'm betting this is our native species.... folks buy the egg cases in hopes of getting predatory benefits... now I think there's enough of them around that they have reached a viable breeding population [emoji106].... Adults have visited my plants a few times! Fortunately, there weren't any larger vermins for them to snack on,...

View attachment 912869 View attachment 912870
Terminator protecting the meds

Anyone see amber in this? Idk if it's close up enough to be accurate tho.
20180530_161832.jpg

Attachments

• 20180530_161832.jpg
    20180530_161832.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 38
Back