Lighting out of stock?

Grow northern is UK based I know they are updating there website at the moment so with new models possibly? Even if they ain't ready the hs1 will be restocked by April the 4th because it is a successful model and they won't want to loose custom hold your horses and wait another week for the hs1 got my money ready n waiting don't miss out!

Well if they're keeping it so hush hush perhaps they may be developing a unit that can be used in america what with the special 110v outlets. And they may even f'ing ship out here and make a bazillion bagillion pounds... I can always dream. That's amazing garnier! The prices and quality are making me so jealous. I like mars-hydro but without a doubt in my mind gn leds are THE best there is. Kind, apollo, blah blah gn is the shit and we all know it. Praying they make a 110v adaptable model for us stuck out here in America with no GN led's.
Thanks for the kind words @densemob. The next LED systems we release will definitely be compatible and available to buy and use in the US. We also have a GN rep moving over to Colorado and the lights should be available from stock held in the US from launch.

So will you still be selling the hs1 in the uk @GrowNorthern
Yes the HS1 and all our new systems will be manufactured and sold in the UK. The HS1 has been redesigned incorporating our new single stage Holographic optics and cooling solution. It will be part of a larger range of LED grow lights with digital features. The same Wago connectors as the original HS1 will be Incorporated into all the new LED digital systems so linking the original HS1 to the newer version and other variations will be straight forward and both the original HS1 and new LED digital systems will work with our app based Bluetooth control solution. The current HS1 is being sold by our distributor (CrazyLEDs) while we are busy working on our new systems however once they are released you will be able to buy them direct from Grownorthern (UK) again.

@GrowNorthern i really wanted a hs1 but now your new lights even with not alot of info sound interesting.any chance you can tell us the leds that will be used in the new lights and also if you are making a cob light

@GrowNorthern i really wanted a hs1 but now your new lights even with not alot of info sound interesting.any chance you can tell us the leds that will be used in the new lights and also if you are making a cob light
@2Stoned2Care the new systems will be using the best quality and most efficient high powered LED emitters. We are currently testing the CREE XTE and XPE horticulture range (these are prebuilt LED emitters by CREE, not to be confused with CREE chip solutions) against the Lumileds Rebel colour and Rebel plus. Both have a similar efficiency in the Deep red category but the XTE range from CREE is more efficient for Royal Blue and white emitters than the rebel plus. We haven't decided on the final solution but the Rebels are tried tested for us so the CREE LED's will need to show us something else optically or in testing but these two are the front runners and most likely to feature in the new systems.

We wouldn't make a COB LED system for horticulture, the monochromatic LED's like deep red are what make a good LED grow light more efficient than traditional lighting such as HPS. I know some companies in China build COB matrix's with deep red in but even so COB arrays are not suited for use with TIR (total internal reflection) optics and therfore controlling the beam angle of a fully lighting system is not ideal and this is crucial to achieve the best results with horticulture. The majority of COB arrays that are designed and built by industry leading manufactures are for white light applications where stand alone or with a reflector they provide a more homogeneous distribution than using mid power 3030 LED's which are really the go to choice for white lighting applications. Over the next few years COB arrays will be phased out even for optically suited white lighting applications because the CSP (chip scale package) is a lower cost, more efficient and scaleable alternative. If your interested in COB arrays you can read more about CPS here http://www.samsung.com/global/business/led/lighting/component/csp/lm101a

Great info! Don't agree totally on COB part, as i have seen in loco plant grown with COBS and have been amazed, i am now working in a 150w homemade fixture. But i am not interested in discuss angels sex here. Keep up the good work, i've been waiting on your new 150w lights for long now (since HS1 come out, because 75w are not enough to me and 2 x HS1 is too expensive), don't mind to wait a bit more if the quality/price relation is worth. Maybe i even make a side by side grow with both cobs and your new lights to see the diference!

@Timoteo glad its appreciated. Dont get me wrong, white light led grow systems aren't without merit especially when the grow light needs to be a working light also. COB's are also perfect for DIY projects as there is no need for any extra surface mounting or custom MCPCB's. Good luck with the build and if you want any advise feel free to pm me.

We did some testing on an OEM remote phosphor white/full spectrum grow light we produced last year. The phosphor was developed by GN and another US based company and It was tailored specifically for horticulture (I will put a link to the pdf we had if I can find it). The test unit had the highest efficiency blue emitters from CREE, a highly reflective mixing chamber and the OEM phosphor. We found that results where at best comparible watt for watt to a good quality HPS system (ballast, lamp and parabolic reflector). Using high quality monochromatic LED's, single stage holographic optics and our dominant deep red spectrum we can replicate the results of a good quality HPS with at maximum 2/3 the power consumption.

Glad to hear your intrested in the new lights, we are hoping to get the cost vs PPF and overall quality to a marker which will make the new systems internationally competitive. We know the Hs1 didn't quite hit that mark but we where much more realistic and application/end use focused with the design of the new systems and overall we think they will be more popular than anything we have produced in the past.

Back