Lighting out of stock?

I emailed Dan asking if there were going to be new models ect this is what he replied
Hi Jason,

Please see my answers below:

Q1 Is there going to be a new model anytime soon. ?

Yes we have several new units arriving in 2016. From high powered, IP65 commercial grade horticulture systems to an extended range of our hobbyist Holographic series. We will be launch several units the first half of 2016.

Q2 how quick could I expect to receive one if ordered.?

We are not taking any orders yet, unfortunately the wait for launch could be as long as April 2016.

Q3 how do these compare to other LEDs in terms of performance.

Our focus for LED horticulture fixtures in 2016 is as follows:
Homogeneous light and spectral distribution
Silent natural covection cooling
Using the latest LED emitters and quality drivers to ensure energy star performance
Dimmable systems to improve efficiency and to be applicable for a variety of crops and all stages of growth at the same height
Production in the UK though competitive international pricing
Durable and long lasting our new lights will perform much better in the design areas above.

Best regards

Daniel

Daniel Edwards
MD

GROWNORTHERN LTD
Suite 11&12
Crossgate Centre
Alexandra Crescent
Durham
United Kingdom
DH1 4HF

www.grownorthern.com

That's fantastic I guess I'll hold until the new set comes out
Always exciting times when GN are in the works of something new it can only mean great things :pass:

Same I think I'll wait for the new model as it's only April shud be some very good gear coming from them!

you can purchase the lights from crazy leds still however they are working on new units thats all we know

Worth waiting a month from now idd say can only get better modules

It's weird that there is no info about that what is coming...
There was loads of rumours about HS1 before they were released to public and it's quite now..

I hope that GN team won't be angry at me if I share info that I've been given...
Herec is a quotation from email that I've received :

I wanted to give you a bit more info about future systems we have several new fixture coming in 2016. Our commercial horticulture range uses higher output/more efficiency LED's than the rebels and we have 150w, 250w and 400w models coming out in 2016. The cost again is alot lower per watt than the holographic series one and the spread light and intensity is much more uniform than the modular series (standard or with rebel upgrades). Actually the 150w version is very similar in shape to a Modular 6 however it has the added benefits
that its is silent cooled,
higher quality IP65 rated mechanical build,
much more efficient and reliable LEDs and drivers
More homogeneous spread of light intensity and spectra (this is really important for bringing out and preserving the natural quality of a plant and is one of the best features of the HS1)
Much lower cost that a full rebel modular 6 upgrade

Back