Indoor Organic, t5 grow of mi5 and 2fast2vast

Day 37

Learned something new today. Don't check ph while water is bubbling. Gives a false reading that's at least a point higher.
Rez checked 6.4
Runoff 6.6
Still don't know where that 4.4 came from. I'll chock it up to brain fart and move on.

View attachment 505881

Haha, glad its worked out for ya. I can't imagine what state a plant would look like with a pH of 4, gnarly. Yep bubbling water raises it's pH. Great work bro.

I have a couple of ?'s for more experienced growers.
What does it take to grow larger af's?
I picked my strains based on their ability to get larger. Large plant=large yield , right?
What are the limiting factors? Pot size should be ok (3gal). Light? Somewhere around 75000 lumens, granted it's mostly t-5 with some led bulbs. Should I have kept light further from the canopy to encourage stretch? More aggressive
feeding?

One of my mi5 has a few budsites with pistils but it just doesn't want to flower. I have looked it over very carefully checking for nut sacs. Do af's have the occasional dud? Plant is extremely bushy. Looks very healthy.

Thanks

Day 44
Watering day
Trimmed some yellowed bottom leaves.
Mi5-#1
14" tall with 5 1/2" cola and at least 12-15 other buds that are mostly 2"+ and fattening nicely. mi-5  #1.JPG

Mi-5 #2
20" tall mostly popcorn buds so far.mi-5  #2.JPG

Mi-5 #3

20" tall, looks just like #2.mi-5 #3.JPG

Mi-5 #4
14" tall, very bushy. No pistils, no flowers, no nut sacs, no nothing. I have a eunuch. Too bad nice looking plant.mi-5  #4.JPG

2f2v #1
22" tall, lots of small buds. Here's hoping they fatten up.2F2V #1.JPG

2f2v #2

18" tall, same as #1, could be a clone.2F2V #2.JPG

Seems like the 2f2v strain is far more stable than mi-5.

Gonna pull the #4 mi-5 and put it away from the others. just in case. make some more more for the rest to spread out a bit. gave the eunuch all the time it needed, now have to move on.

I'd say they look a great size for the 3g pot (isn't that 10ltrs approx?). Weird #4 hasn't show yet, looks super healthy though!

Day 54
its become obvious in the last week or so that im going to be having a staggered harvest. looking over mi5 #1 with a loupe yesterday i found that side buds were ripening fast. decided to cut the buds that were ripe, gave her a drink of water and put her back in the tent hopefully to fatten up the rest of the buds. Took about half.IMG_9197.JPGNot bad for a 14" plant. The other two mi5 have popcorn buds and dont look anything like the first.
gonna keep things going the best i can til full harvest. maybe just give them water and molasses.

2f2v are filling out but awful slowly. was warned these can take considerably longer with crap lights. that's me.

kinda messes up my next grow but it is what it is.
Not sure what im going to do next. Got some nice photoperiod seeds but not sure i'm ready for a more complex grow. also have some af seeds i could try.

I think you would find photoperiod easier to grow and much more flexible! Give it a go, you can veg them out in your tent under 18/6 while the autos finish off. Just a thought. Very nice work on the harvest, good call. Looks dank, :slap:

Hi dazed
You consider photos easier to grow? I understand flexibility but I've never grown photos. With soil should be pretty similar to af's. Just a little longer time frame to get into trouble.lol. Got a bunch of pp seeds I want to try. Mm mm
2x peppermint kush, 2x critical kush,1x vanilla kush and an lsd.

Think I'm going to give it a shot.

They should all be relatively short and fast finishing.

Also, wifey doesn't know it yet but looking at buying myself a Xmas gift. A Mars 2 1200.

Btw, I harvested somewhere around 60% of bud off mi5#1. Total of 78g wet. Think I'll end up around 5z wet. Maybe 2 z dry. Not bad for a 14" plant.

With photoperiod you have a lot more scope and they can handle more being thrown at them. An added bonus is you can top and train them while they are in veg, get multiple tops going, perfect for smaller/awkward spaces. Same soil etc will be fine, just got a veg period that you control rather than being on 'auto' :) Like I said, you can always veg photo's in the same space you are growing auto's, then when the autos are finished-switch the lights!

Day 63
Wasn't looking forward to this report. It's good news bad news.
Mi5 #1- 108g wet, will get 2 z's dry +/-. Good smoke. I'm happy with this one.
Mi5 #2
Mi5 #3 both identical, nothing but small buds that haven't ripened at all. No trichs
Mi5 #4 complete dud
2f2v #1
2f2v #2 both identical. Lots of budsites that have ripened very slowly. Few trichs.

So looks like for 6 plants I'll get a little over 2z's.

I don't mind a crappy grow if I know why. I can at least learn something. So don't know if the results are genetic or environmental.
The only products I used on this grow were neptunes harvest fish and seaweed, did use a little ph down a few times, struggled with low humidity the whole grow. Did I manage to kill the herd?

Split the root ball on the plants that were done to look at roots. They seemed fine in my limited experience.

Remaining plants have a week or two of life left in them. Don't believe there's anything I can do at this point so just going to leave them be. Make plans for the next grow.

I may not be good but I'm stubborn.

Back