Mephisto Genetics Orange Crack (freebie)

MissUniverse

I put metal in the microwave
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Website
mycanna.wiki
An orange crack came to me as a freebie, I am going to try and grow this as the data from mephisto shows it only grew to 40cm for them which means it is a small enough plant for me to grow along with my double grape.

Bean was put in the papertowel yesterday. I am currently waiting for the seed to germinate so I can plant it

Set up

Light: Mars Hydro 300
Grow Space: 24*24*36inch stealth tent
Soil: Promix
Container: Airpot 3gal
Seeds: Mephisto Orange Crack
Nutrients: Jobe's organic fast start, Jobe's organic free flow (4-4-4), Jobe's organic spikes (4-4-4)
Seed germination start date: October 14, 2016
Start Date: December 24, 2016
Day 1: TBD

Good luck MissUniverse!

SODK, one of the parents grows much bigger but the other parent Sour Crack is a small plant and apparently the main phenotype of the offspring favors the Sour Crack and is somewhere between small and medium size.
Cheer up Andi, maybe you got a bigger phenotype...

Only 40cm?????????? Fuck i put the Wrong Strain in my Box i thought she Grows much Bigger :-(
just because its what they got doesn't mean it is what you'll get, they did it under not so perfect conditions, if you have the space, you could do a SOG set up or just have another plant going while that one is.
Good luck MissUniverse!

SODK, one of the parents grows much bigger but the other parent Sour Crack is a small plant and apparently the main phenotype of the offspring favors the Sour Crack and is somewhere between small and medium size.
Cheer up Andi, maybe you got a bigger phenotype...
Thank you
i would bet you're right, they are probably f1 or f2 runs so they probably are able to be grown bigger with a good phenotype as you stated

Thank you guys

Is the Orange Crack a Cross between SODK and Green Crack? OK than is absolutely possible the Plant gets Bigger than 40cm :) Sog is not possible with only 3 beans maybe with low stress training ore so. The Orange Crack I growing in 6 Liter Airport if the Plant reaching 60 cm I am happy with but I don't like Bonsai Autos hehe

Andi, we're cluttering up the young lady's thread!
24 Carat x Green Crack = Sour Crack, Sour Crack x Sour Orange Diesel Kush = Orange Crack

MissUniverse I'm running Jobe's dry fertilizer premixed into my soil and Epsoma liquids as supplemental fertilizer so I always like to check out your grows so I can see how you're making out with your Jobes. Do you have the bloom version of the fertilizer too?

Thank you guys

Is the Orange Crack a Cross between SODK and Green Crack? OK than is absolutely possible the Plant gets Bigger than 40cm :) Sog is not possible with only 3 beans maybe with low stress training ore so. The Orange Crack I growing in 6 Liter Airport if the Plant reaching 60 cm I am happy with but I don't like Bonsai Autos hehe
@Coffee Monster answered your question in the next posting, and i have it quoted for you. Any time I can help, please let me know. I've got a few under my belt now. I think 5 successful grows. I have always had good luck with toof decay but they stay small. Mine was maybe 60 CM at chop time, but could have gone longer. Both my toof decay and grape crinkle yielded just about an ounce. I'm hoping to get more out of my plants this time around.
Do you have any photos of your grow or a log on here you can direct me to?

Andi, we're cluttering up the young lady's thread!
24 Carat x Green Crack = Sour Crack, Sour Crack x Sour Orange Diesel Kush = Orange Crack

MissUniverse I'm running Jobe's dry fertilizer premixed into my soil and Epsoma liquids as supplemental fertilizer so I always like to check out your grows so I can see how you're making out with your Jobes. Do you have the bloom version of the fertilizer too?
It's okay, i would rather a full thread than an empty thread, plus it puts stuff in one place.
Thanks for clearing up the lineage of the strain. I think the reason it was short on their run was because of the fact that it has sour crack in it, and sour crack is a small plant to begin with due to the 24 carat in it.

I top dress my soil with jobes fertilizer in it, but what i do is add it, put the whole bucket under a spout for about 20 minutes and let the promix get all wet and hopefully have some of the jobes ferts going on it. I'm glad to see there's another person using jobe's for their fertilizers. Would you say you have better results mixing it throughout? I am going to try this time to top dress with my normal jobes freeflow (the dry ferts) and also try the fast start method. That's where you put some jobe's fast start in to the hole you make for the seed. I just don't wanna run out of seeds so im debating if its worth it or if i should just keep going with what i know works.

I don't use the bloom version I do have it though. I use just jobe's organic 4-4-4 spikes and free flow.

I checked the seed today and it is just cracking the shell, i can see it's little tail about a millimeter at most, so im going to wait 2 days then plant away. Tomorrow I plan to amend the soil with the jobes and might try your trick of putting some throughout. Do you have photos of your plants I can check out to compare? How long do your plants go? I harvest around day 60, but I'm going to try to go longer on the double grape im doing now because I want as much growth as possible, so im probably looking at 75 days total, so that's about 30-35 to go on that one.
It does suck though, my tyrone special didn't turn out well, but im planning on adding another plant to my little tent unless these two grow big. I try to have a harvest once a month, but in no way does it last me more than a week. I'm a heavy smoker and tend to get stuck on a strain, hence having 20 toof decay seeds, 10 grape crinkle, 10 tyrone special and a large number more. I hate being down to the last seed. I like to keep 3 seeds set aside for that rainy day when @mephisto doesn't have anything in US stock and I have to hope and pray it gets through customs.

Yes, I agree with you on the reasons for the shortness.
I haven't 100% decided on the throughout mix part, I got started on it because I used the how to make soil with things you can buy at lowes thread and he did it. Kind of a poor mans Kind soil or Biotab kind of thing. It gives the girls a constant supply of basic nutes kind of like your spikes. What I don't like is you're kinda stuck as far as changing things around go, at least with yours you could pull the spikes out, I can't. I'm not familiar with the fast start stuff, I'll have to look that up. I hear you about being cautious about change! I'm finding if I try to up their feed in bloom that with the grow formula stuff they end up with too much N.
If you do premix I would keep it on the lighter side.
I also struggle with smaller buds and longer lived plants, and of course that leads to smoke shortages!
Check out my second grow in progress, Coffee Monster brews some Mephisto, in the Mephisto section like yours.

Yes, I agree with you on the reasons for the shortness.
I haven't 100% decided on the throughout mix part, I got started on it because I used the how to make soil with things you can buy at lowes thread and he did it. Kind of a poor mans Kind soil or Biotab kind of thing. It gives the girls a constant supply of basic nutes kind of like your spikes. What I don't like is you're kinda stuck as far as changing things around go, at least with yours you could pull the spikes out, I can't. I'm not familiar with the fast start stuff, I'll have to look that up. I hear you about being cautious about change! I'm finding if I try to up their feed in bloom that with the grow formula stuff they end up with too much N.
If you do premix I would keep it on the lighter side.
I also struggle with smaller buds and longer lived plants, and of course that leads to smoke shortages!
Check out my second grow in progress, Coffee Monster brews some Mephisto, in the Mephisto section like yours.
Ah, i didn't know others were using jobe's fertilizers, im sure it does work better mixed throughout the soil than top dressed. i'll probably try taking a bit and mixing it through the soil. spikes are nice for juist the reason you said, i can change it part way through the grow. Fast start is simply powdered organic nutes in a premixed baggie.
I'll have to check that fert during bloom/N deficiency out, because i've never had that problem... Maybe its the water, or maybe i put more on than others do.
I've got a decent system down, and the double grape I have growing, while seeming to be a few weeks behind what others have at that age, is looking good. not super tall, but good. multiple colas will be developing and i think some of the side colas may outgrow the main cola.

I'll be looking for your thread later on today and try and glean what information I can.

As always, i appreciate the feedback and any suggestions, keep them coming

An orange crack came to me as a freebie, I am going to try and grow this as the data from mephisto shows it only grew to 40cm for them which means it is a small enough plant for me to grow along with my double grape.

Bean was put in the papertowel yesterday. I am currently waiting for the seed to germinate so I can plant it

Set up

Light: Mars Hydro 300
Grow Space: 24*24*36inch stealth tent
Soil: Promix
Container: Airpot 3gal
Seeds: Mephisto Orange Crack
Nutrients: Jobe's organic fast start, Jobe's organic free flow (4-4-4), Jobe's organic spikes (4-4-4)
Seed germination start date: October 14, 2016
Start Date: December 24, 2016
Day 1: TBD

You are going to hate yourself with only a 36" tall tent. You are going to want to keep the Mars 18" from the top of the plant or she will start having stress issues. So do the math and a pot 12" tall and even a 400mm plant already takes up 27 inches of space.

Back