New Grower NugNoob's - First Grow Adventure! AK-47's

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Skystomper
Hello one and all! Let me first say a BIG thank you to all who have helped me up to this point, It's made things a lot easier starting up on my first adventure. Seriously thank you, you know who you are and you've probably been tagged into this post anyway. Now strap in, cause this is a big first post people!
3-6-17 (4).jpg

@jingo @budelee @912GreenSkell @stepside @Slater @BigSm0 @SpaghettiSauce @D3V!ous_Dankster @Habitual @chachinG @Yeatster @Canad420 @Big Sur Holy @Ojibway1973 @Waira @witchyhour @Benjamin Squier @TheMongol @Tom'sinflatedballs @hippy71 @Prophetiko
@jokerinkx3 @Dudeski (Really hope I didn't miss anyone, also sorry if I tagged ya and you didn't want to be!)

Let me start off with what I'm working with here..
  • 36x36x64 Vivosun Tent inside a double slider door closet in my upstairs office area
  • 6 Inch Carbon Filter to 440cfm Vivosun fan, built in dial (doesn't slow it down much though) this exhausts through the right wall outside the tent, turns a soft right and exits right out the house through a vent I installed. (unfortunately had to go to a 4" reducer, but dear god it doesn't seem to slow this bad boy down)
0221171608a_HDR.jpg 0219171623_HDR.jpg (Duct Work and Exhaust)
  • MARS Hydro 600w (planning on upgrading to 4x COBs soon)
  • 2x Humidifers, because it's been very hard to keep humidity up, can't currently leave my exhaust on constantly, hopefully this will change with the season.
  • Also picked up this sweet heater at Home Cheapo for $49 on sale due to winter being over but you really wouldn't know it, it's been pretty cold here in the North East still.
0303171120_HDR.jpg (Heater and Fan)
  • 10 inch fan outside (pulling in) along with a 6 inch clip on fan inside (may add another)
  • Digital pH pen, digital TDS pen, Control Wizard Soil Probe
While I was in the crawl space doing the duct work I found a few things, including this sweet original Mason jar! Cleaned it up real nice and I have a spare airtight lid for it, you know I'm gonna add a 'lil something something to it soon enough!
0306171911_HDR.jpg (Mason Jar)

• 3 Gallon Vivosun Grow Bags (I know Vivosun everything, didn't even mean to tbh)
  • Black Gold All Natural Mix (75%) + Perlite (25%)
  • Fox Farm Trio + CalMag + Optic Foliar Overgrow Spray (none used yet, 3-7-17)
  • 3x AK-47 Auto-Fem from I<3GrowingMarijuana (I've also got some DP seeds on the way for after this grow!)
:tongue: This part below may be boring, really more for detail that may be useful later...
Friday Morning (3-3) Dropped all 3 into distilled water in a plexiglass container, left lid slightly open for small humidity escape, covered with hand towel and put on...wait for it... Vivosun seedling heated mat (I'm not sponsored I swear...it's Amazon's fault)

Friday Late Night (3-3) All 1 had sunk, tapped the other two gently, they sunk as well. Drained most of the distilled water, soaked paper towel in container so it was mushy, put 3x seeds in and covered it again, left on the mat of which we do not speak it's manufacturer.

Saturday Morning (3-4) Tiny tails sticking out, barely, leaved them alone. Prepared the 3x Soil mixes and pre-wet with pH'd 6.5 water, let it run through 2 times, plenty of run off. Cleaned them up and put into the tent to warm up.

0304171725_HDR-1.jpg (Paper towel method, barely sticking out)

Saturday Late Night (3-4) Tails grew 3 or 4 times in length, can barely make out greenish/brown of the tap root. Put them in soil, squeezed pH'd water tiny bit on them and sprayed a few times.
longer.PNG (Paper towel method, approx only 10 hours later!)

Sunday Morning (3-5) Barely make out a seed head, barely (I did cover them loosely) Getting temperatures and RH right. Spray tops of soil every few hours (2-3 sprays, pH'd water) Put humidity domes on.

Sunday Afternoon (3-5) Take humidity domes off as I hear that could be detrimental to such young seedlings. Continue to spray every few hours. Can barely see all 3 heads.

Monday Morning (3-6) Spray and trickle a little bit of water from paper towel to wet center area.

Monday Night (3-6) Starting to see little bit of stems, trying to stand up. Spray them a little.

-Temp for the days in germination were 85-88 sitting on mat.

-Temp for the days in soil was between 74-80 / RH 55-70

-pH seems to be around 6.5 for the first 4-5 inches then goes down to 5.6 around center of grow bag or lower, hopefully this is normal or will adjust with continued water feedings of 6.5 to come.

Last edited:
3-7-17 (Does this count as day 1 yet?)

They're all starting to stand up! Here is the biggest one mislabeled as Mercury at first, changed it to Jupiter.

[HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] (Jupiter)
1.jpg
2.jpg

[HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] (Saturn)
0307171641a_HDR.jpg
0307171642b_HDR.jpg

[HASHTAG]#3[/HASHTAG] (Mercury)
0307171939_HDR.jpg
0307171940_HDR.jpg

I took the risk and helped get the shell off the top of all 3, it was widely cracked open and only took the slightest push around the casing of it with a toothpick. Even though Jupiter (at top) is the biggest, you can see a tiny bit of the membrane still on one of her cotyledons.

Last edited:
Alright now that I have got that out of the way. Man you got a great great great set up. Seems like all the time you took doing research really paid off. I think you will also find that no one here gets bored with details, fact I love that shit. If i could be with you every second of the way I would! Excited to see what your experience with Black and Gold soil is. I have two plants going right now, one in Black and Gold.

Anyhow super excited for you! Subbed and will be tagging along. Would love to see pics of seedlings when you got them!

Freegin awesome @NugNoob .. Sounds like you got sponsored...er dialed in( kidding on the sponsor,thats funny tho!). Cant wait to see you slay it..all excellent choices you made!! Im subbed up...

Alright now that I have got that out of the way. Man you got a great great great set up. Seems like all the time you took doing research really paid off. I think you will also find that no one here gets bored with details, fact I love that shit. If i could be with you every second of the way I would! Excited to see what your experience with Black and Gold soil is. I have two plants going right now, one in Black and Gold.

Anyhow super excited for you! Subbed and will be tagging along. Would love to see pics of seedlings when you got them!

Just added them in bro! Thanks!

@budelee Just did the first (day 1 update I guess?) Thanks dude! Yeah not sponsored...yet lol. Thanks for the sub, you know I'm always watching you!

Serious detailed intro. Very useful, read every bit. That short clip of the seedling opening...awseome. reps coming your way.
I'm not surprised your exhaust, even reduced, is exceeding your needs. If temps and RH are good, let's be happy.

Good luck, my new friend!

I'm going to stick around if you don't mind I'm loving the seedling time lapse clip, I hope there's more of those to come. You seem like you've done your research and know your stuff, maybe I'll be able to pick up a few tips, I'm also new to this, I've got my current first grow on here.

I'm going to stick around if you don't mind I'm loving the seedling time lapse clip, I hope there's more of those to come. You seem like you've done your research and know your stuff, maybe I'll be able to pick up a few tips, I'm also new to this, I've got my current first grow on here.
Hey whats up bro??? Good to see you making your rounds!!

Just added them in bro! Thanks!

@budelee Just did the first (day 1 update I guess?) Thanks dude! Yeah not sponsored...yet lol. Thanks for the sub, you know I'm always watching you!
Dont worry about a sponsor!! Hang out ,grow an awesome plant,win a bom,and you will get on the cannazone test team!! Why get stuck testing one brand of gear?? Anyway,youll do great.. You'll get lots of help too,an entire community if you need..

Back