New Grower Northern Lights Auto Winter Grow- Indoor Hempy Bucket

Howdy Mojo..Interesting...Hmm..i have a buddy that is in a tent and going to change his lights to 12/12 this week.His auto gal's are at four weeks and starting to flower good..Like I said ,,,Interesting to see the out come..

Peace

What up brother mojo ! I'm subbed up for your winter grow :pop:, love northern lights its one of my fave classic oldskool strains! Some grow karma to you my friend ! Cheers bro so far so good :peace::jointman:

Hi Y'all-

Here I am at Day 8 already on the Northern Lights. Much more relaxed wit the process now that i've got some experience under my belt.

So far so good. No issues at all. pH sitting at around 6.3 after 24 hours so that's pretty good. I'm going to continue to nudge it down towards 5.8 as I go.

Started feeding / watering regimen this week as well.

Watering and CalMag and started feeding the bucket the Fox Farms Trio. I directly apply about 10mL of the mix right into the jiffy plug area to help her along. Seems to be taking well.

Weather is about to get cold so will be interesting to see how the window sill temperature can maintain. I think the heat of the lights will offset the cold window, it already kind of does but it has not gotten below 50F. Headed into much colder temps. Will report on it.

NL Day 8 1.JPG
IMG_0044.JPG

looking nice and healthy due, love those shots in the natural light, must be a pretty good camera you have

October 30th, 2015
White Label Northern Lights
Feed schedule week 2 of fox farms Big Bloom and grow big + calmag. 1/2 strength.
i've been watering and feeding only half as many times per week this time and it might actually be a help.
She's doing really well it seems.
NL day 22 1.JPG
NL day 22 2.JPG

Coming along nicely man, looking forward to seeing some new pics.
The cfls seem to be working fine
Yea, so far so good! i think being in the window helps too. Gets pretty intense for about 3 hours in the 1pm-4pm zone.

Everything looks nice and healthy! What's the white stuff on top of the growing medium and why is it there? I'm curious because I've been thinking about doing something similar wondering if it would help reflect light up into the plant.

Everything looks nice and healthy! What's the white stuff on top of the growing medium and why is it there? I'm curious because I've been thinking about doing something similar wondering if it would help reflect light up into the plant.
That is perlite and the whole bucket is filled with it. I am using 90% Perlite / 10% Vermiculite as my medium for this grow.

Perlite:

Perlite is a volcanic glass that is heated to 1,600 degrees F. (871 C.) whereupon it pops much like popcorn and expands to 13 times its former size, resulting in an incredibly lightweight material. In fact, the end product weighs only 5 to 8 pounds per cubic foot. The super heated perlite is comprised of tiny air compartments. Under a microscope, perlite is revealed as being covered with many tiny cells that absorb moisture on the exterior of the particle, not inside, which makes it particularly useful in facilitating moisture to plant roots.

While both perlite and vermiculite aid in water retention, perlite is the more porous and tends to allow water to drain much more readily than vermiculite.

Vermiculite:
  • Soilless growing media: exfoliated vermiculite is combined with other materials such as peat or composted pine bark compost to produce soilless growing media for the professional horticulturalist and for the home gardener. These mixes promote faster root growth and gives quick anchorage to young roots. The mixture helps retain air, plant food and moisture, releasing them as the plant requires them. Exfoliated vermiculite is also used as a growing media for hydroponics
  • Seed germination: either used alone or mixed with soil or peat, vermiculite is used to germinate seeds. Very little watering is required. When vermiculite is used alone, seedlings should be fed with a weak fertilizer solution when the first true leaves appear.

Back