Amperage is the power the cob is driven at and 20 amp is crazy power. High amperage for these cobs we use is closer to 2 amps. That's one helluva driver but it's voltage output is very low too. It's not enough to run a 3590 or most clu's being 50v because this is 30v max. The little cobs we play with are higher voltage and lower amperage usually. But cobs keep increasing in size it seems that's why I said maybe 5 years. Check the 320hlg's out if your looking for a big driver
image.jpeg

Elvis is right. Figure what you want or need then get the driver to for it.

What Smo is trying to say Ga is that driver your asking about is to far ahead of most Cob chips on the market today..
But give those chip makers time.. I think that is the largest Mean well driver made.. :pass:
It didn't say pallet ship which surprised me. Your right again Elvis. I'm a little off tonight.

Sorry goauto6 I should have explained it better. I'm surprised you found that beast. I thought I knew of every meanwell out till today.

Hey arty if no one shows up can I have a shot at the build? I have about 1500 dollars in 80/20 extrusion and a dozen drivers kicking around.

Maybe in 5 years or so when cobs are 20 inches in diameter. But that's one powerful driver and way to much for the little things we play with. Growmau5 has some good videos on driver matching. Usually drivers are kept below 2100ma or 2.1 amps.
I was just watching him I'm trying to put together one to cover a 4 x 4 x 8 space, the 8 or 10 I'm not sure yet? is this the wrong spot for this or should I start a thread?

Start a thread and @ me please. It would be great to see a build and help where I can. Check out northern grow lights newer citizen cobs available. Their beating out Cree in price, efficiency and wattage. A bunch of clu048 1212's driven soft would be cost effective and efficient

This thread is for the few selected people to build a light to show the public and sponsored by Ngl.

Back