Outdoor North of the Arctic Circle Greenhouse grow

trailanimal

son of soil
Reaction score
Got this year's grow seeded yesterday. 11 plants, 10 strains, in 3 gal smart pots filled with composted garden soil. Upper 30's at "night", 65-70 daytime. !0+ hours direct sun/day, light 24 hrs/day already. Using shade cloth to moderate temp in greenhouse for germ and seedlings. Previously learned the hard way about how excessive the heat can be with so many hrs of sun. Patiently, not, waiting the appearance of the girls. Having trouble getting pics to upload, error message: file to large? Just a photo. Anyone know what to do?

Right on man, sorry no help with the photos but I'm sure you will figure it out or someone will help out that's smarter at this then me. Congrats on the grow and I will be following this one for sure!

P1010819.JPG today the pic uploaded, seeds germed, up and growing

Got this year's grow seeded yesterday. 11 plants, 10 strains, in 3 gal smart pots filled with composted garden soil. Upper 30's at "night", 65-70 daytime. !0+ hours direct sun/day, light 24 hrs/day already. Using shade cloth to moderate temp in greenhouse for germ and seedlings. Previously learned the hard way about how excessive the heat can be with so many hrs of sun. Patiently, not, waiting the appearance of the girls. Having trouble getting pics to upload, error message: file to large? Just a photo. Anyone know what to do?
sounds like you need to change the resolution setting on your camera or phone to a lower one, or use a photo editing program to reduce the file size. I'd love to see your greenhouse!

Been watching Life Below Zero, which chronicles the lives of a few people living up there. I could not take the winters.
Good luck with your grows! One thing about Smart Pots and greenhouses, they dry out faster than some approaches.
You might want to try, at some point in the future, reservoir pots, Hempy pots, or some sort of drip irrigation.
Are you going to put plastic sheets on the ends of the greenhouse when it starts getting cold?

sounds like you need to change the resolution setting on your camera or phone to a lower one, or use a photo editing program to reduce the file size. I'd love to see your greenhouse!
The pic just uploaded, didn't do anything different, lol, miracles of modern technology.

Been watching Life Below Zero, which chronicles the lives of a few people living up there. I could not take the winters.
Good luck with your grows! One thing about Smart Pots and greenhouses, they dry out faster than some approaches.
You might want to try, at some point in the future, reservoir pots, Hempy pots, or some sort of drip irrigation.
Are you going to put plastic sheets on the ends of the greenhouse when it starts getting cold?
Thanks for the thoughts. If I have drying probs I'll put smart pots in cut off 5 gal buckets to create res pots. If you click image of greenhouse to enlarge, you will notice greenhouse plastic doors attached flat against cabin. Yes, when it is cold I must close it up.

Got this year's grow seeded yesterday. 11 plants, 10 strains, in 3 gal smart pots filled with composted garden soil. Upper 30's at "night", 65-70 daytime. !0+ hours direct sun/day, light 24 hrs/day already. Using shade cloth to moderate temp in greenhouse for germ and seedlings. Previously learned the hard way about how excessive the heat can be with so many hrs of sun. Patiently, not, waiting the appearance of the girls. Having trouble getting pics to upload, error message: file to large? Just a photo. Anyone know what to do?[/QU

Here's a couple of pic at day 30 from seedP1010850.JPG P1010849.JPG

Back